Teach Young Learners in Suburban Shanghai at Shane English – Immediate Start Available
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, DELTA|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
In 2016 Shane English celebrated 15 years in China. Starting with just a handful of locations the company has spread, opening dozens of schools in major cities across the country. Shane English is headquartered in the largest metropolitan city in China, Shanghai.
We are currently looking for candidates interested in working in suburban Shanghai (immediate start is available). The summer of 2017 marks another milestone, the ten-year anniversary of Shane English Qingpu (pronounced ching- poo). Located in suburban Shanghai, in the Qingpu District, which is 40 kilometers due west of Shanghai’s City Center (Shanghai People’s Square).
Shane English Qingpu provides its students with the highest quality of English education. Our teaching staff is motivated and well trained, and our Chinese staff is a group of kind, knowledgeable, and driven individuals. The school was remodeled in the fall of 2016. Classrooms are comfortable for both students and teachers, and provided an environment that fosters healthy and productive education.
The teachers also have a very functional office, which provides all the resources they will need to be successful, from curriculum to teaching aids and everything in between. The district of Qingpu allows for a superb quality of life for our foreign staff to live in. Qingpu has most of the amenities of downtown Shanghai but with a slower pace and a more Chinese ‘feel’. Living downtown can often feel like you are in just another western city, but Qingpu never lets you forget you are living in China. Foreign staff may choose to live in Qingpu town (where the school is located), or another 12 kilometers to the west in a small developing 500 year old water town called Zhujiajiao (pronounced jew-jaw-j-oww). With its small ancient canal town and rural population many foreign staff members have chosen to make this their home.
A very practical benefit of the suburban lifestyle is the cost of living. The cost of living in both towns is between 30 and 40 percent cheaper than it is living downtown, which allows you to save a lot more money. Which is great because of all the opportunities for travel around China and South East Asia, as well as if you just need to pay some students loans or start a nest egg.
We welcome applications from teachers who meet the following criteria:
• Native English Speakers from The United States of America, Canada, The
United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, or South Africa.
•Applicants holding a Bachelors degree from an accredited university.
• A clean criminal record.
• Have a recognized EFL qualification (TEFL / TESOL / CELTA / DELTA).
• Have some teaching experience (ESL experience is not required but preferred).
• Candidate should be outgoing, enthusiastic, positive, sociable, hardworking, patient, professional, and adaptable. Applications from people who do not meet all of the above qualifications shall still be considered, although only applicants determined to be appropriate for the job will be contacted.
Salary and General Benefits:
• A fully sponsored Z-Visa (work visa).
• Monthly salary between 16,000 RMB and 18,000 RMB per month (depending on previous experience and qualification).
• 1,000 RMB housing allowance.
• 5,000 RMB contract completion bonus, 5,000 RMB performance bonus.
• Full health care insurance reimbursement.
• 22 days of paid holiday.
• Airport pick up upon arrival, as well as paid accommodations until a residence can be found.
• Assistance in finding a residence.
• Training on arrival and ongoing support and development over the course of the contract.
• A western Academic Manager who will assist you both at work and with getting settled in to your personal life in China.
General Teaching Criteria:
• Work five consecutive days a week, Wednesday through Sunday, with Monday and Tuesday as the weekend.
• Teach between 18 and 25 hours per week, a maximum 100 hours per month.
• Conduct office hours as assigned.
• Participate in training, planning, activities, and events.
If you are interested in joining the Shane English Qingpu, Shanghai Team, then please send an updated resume and brief cover letter to our Recruitment Office at [URL protected][URL protected][URL protected].
Please be sure to include "Shane English Shanghai: Qingpu" in the subject line