ESL Teacher Wanted in EF Hangzhou and Huzhou, China
|Certificates||No certificate, TEFL, TKT, Teaching licence|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
There’s a saying in China that goes: “Up there is heaven, down here are Hangzhou and Suzhou.” Hangzhou is located on the coast of Eastern China and is the capital of Zhejiang province. It is a cultural, economic, and educational hub. It is also one of the most famous tourist cities, thanks to West Lake, one of China’s most famous natural landmarks.
During the Yuan dynasty, it was called the most beautiful and luxurious city in the world by a famous Italian traveller Marco Polo. Having a long history of 2200 years, Hangzhou is one of seven ancient cities in China.
The city is not just famous for its beauty. The food here is simply incredible. Restaurants like The Grandma’s and Green Tea give diners a wonderful taste of Zhejiang province, which is characterised as fresh and a little bit sweet.
- Population: 8 million
- Public Transportation: 2 major train stations, 1 international airport, 2 subway lines, hundreds of bus routes & taxis
- Language: Mandarin, local dialects
- Climate: Subtropical, with four distinct seasons
- EF Hangzhou Flagship opened in 2001
- Teach English in Hangzhou at one of our 8 schools
What makes Hangzhou unique?
Considered one of the safest and cleanest cities in China Considered a major transit hub of China — teachers can go anywhere quickly and on the cheap from here West Lake, the key feature of the city is massive and adds lots of green splendor to the landscape. To admire the beauty of West Lake, visitors can leisurely bike, jog or walk along the paths that circumnavigate the lake.
There are a number of small mountains that surround the city, making Hangzhou a great place for people who love to hike. Tucked out-of-sight are many ancient temples and pagodas that are open to visitors Every year, people line up along the river that runs through the city to see a tidal bore, which often occurs in the fall. Shanghai is only 1 hour away by bullet train
- Carry out the timetable of classes assigned by the DOS
- Give lessons to the highest standards of English language teaching
- Become familiar with the programs and courses of study at the centre and as directed by EF English First guidelines
- Develop and use suitable supplementary materials as necessary
- Use audio / video materials in classes
- Expose students to the use of CALL, and the Internet for language learning purposes
- Begin and end classes on time
- Prepare lessons and equipment in advance for all classes
- Become familiar with and Implement all course management procedures as directed by EF English First guidelines
- Administer, correct and record the results of progress reports, tests and assessments for students
- Substitute for absent colleagues, perhaps at short notice, on or off-site
- Be responsible for students’ welfare and progress
- Inform students of centre aims and objectives
- Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
- Meet regularly with the DOS and/or center colleagues to communicate all relevant information
- Assist the DOS upon request with the development and marketing of courses and induction of sales, service and teaching staffinto the practices of the centre
- Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (China's visa regulations)
- Bachelor degree – will need to be notarized
- 120 hour TEFL or other teaching qualification (or willing to obtain one) or 2 years post graduate certificate
- Clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months – will need to be notarized
- A match with our core values and a love for enabling a child’s growth!
Salary and Benefits
- NET 15,000RMB – 20,000RMB
- Up to 13,000 RMB/month NET base Salary (Commensurate with level of experience)
- 2000RMB quarterly bonus based on performance
- 3000RMB/month housing allowance and logistics support for finding an accommodation
- 11250RMB flight allowance for a 15 month contract, 18000 for a 2 year contract
- Airport pick up and Year-round logistics support
- Paid Z-visa, residence permit and sponsored foreign experts teaching license
- Paid 2-week initial onboarding and training
- Ongoing Regional and In-center CPD
- 6000RMB study allowance for a 2 year contract
- Cambridge TKT Qualifications
- Paid medical check and health insurance
- Paid Chinese tuition and ongoing Language Learning support
- 22 paid days holiday per year (24 in your 2nd year)
- Monthly social and teambuilding events
- Contract re-sign bonus of 5000RMB
- Promotion opportunities in our ever expanding franchise – those who want to develop, we create the opportunities to do so!