Branch of Gyeonggi Provincial Office of Education for English Teacher-trainer positions starting in September/October 2018. (Starting wage @ 2.7M 100K rural allowance per month), Anjung, Pyeongtaeksi, Gyeonggi province, Korea
|Native||Non-native English speakers can apply|
Gyeonggi-do Institute for Language Education (GIFLE) is a government supported
teacher-training and a professional development institute.
We are looking for professional, enthusiastic and highly-skilled native English instructors to join our team of instructors. Upon hiring, you will be teaching one of the four modules (Listening&Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Micro-teaching) as well as developing curriculum to train the in-service Korean English teachers of Gyeonggi province, and visit the local schools for class support.
1). You are required to have:
- A relevant Bachelor's degree with a related teaching certificate(s) and a minimum of 3 years of full-time English teaching experience.
- A relevant Master's degree with a related teaching certificate(s) (e.g. TESOL) and a minimum of 2 years of full-time English teaching experience.
*Experience must be verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment
*We will not reply back to those that don’t meet the requirements
2). Contract details:
- 8 hour workday (9am~5pm) w/ maximum 21 hours of instruction on average per week during session periods
- You may be required to work on Saturdays throughout the year (approximately 4~6 times). Extra paid leave on the following week will be provided
- Your working hours may be adjusted a few days during the year depending on the program (e.g. 10am~6pm, 1pm~9pm)
- Starting wage @ 2.7M won/month plus 100K won/month rural allowance
- 35 days of paid holidays during non-teaching periods (40 days of paid leave from your 2nd contract)
- One-time settlement allowance of 300,000won
- 1.5M entry allowance if flying in from your home country (Not valid for F visa holders)
- 1.5M exit allowance upon successfully completing your contract and not willing to renew (if flying back to your home country) (Valid for F visa holders as well)
- 50% of health insurance
- On campus housing
*One-year contract position (renewable with satisfactory performance)
*Starting Date: Early or mid-September/October, 2018
3). Be sure your application includes:
1. Resume w/ photo, DOB & nationality
2. Contact information of your reference/employer (only public school referees)
3. Sample lesson plans & curriculum you have created in the past
4. Status of appropriate visa paperwork to work in Korea, and/or your current contract end date
Email your application to [URL protected]
*Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted until the position is filled on a first-come basis
*You will be required to give a short mock lesson if you proceed to the 2nd interview
*Failure to provide the relevant paperwork in a timely manner may be grounds to cease the application process
Any questions or inquiries about the application or the position, please contact Tony HAN at [URL protected] or call (82)31-680-3626.
Korean website: [URL protected]