*Details: *Sino-Canadian International College/Guangxi University/Nanning/South China
Apply for job
WANTS YOU FOR SEPTEMBER 2018!
NO SIGN UP FEE!
•Keen, creative, qualified MA and PhD Candidates for EFL Academic Writing and
•PLUS curriculum development and professional development roles for all!
•Native English speaker;
•Minimum MA university degree plus ESL/TEFL/TESOL/TESL certification (face-to-
face or online)
to teach content courses (see list below);
•Minimum two years teaching experience;
•Applicants born and educated in Canada, US, UK, Australia or New Zealand
•Actively seeking instructors to teach content courses in: Academic Writing
Research Methods and Statistics, Methodologies in Teaching EFL, Business
English, Reading and
Composition, Introduction to Literary Studies, Media Studies, Canadian
Studies, British and
American Literature, Linguistics, the History of English.
• Free, fully-furnished Western individual apartments on the university campus
foreign teachers and graduate students (pictures provided upon application);
• Monthly salary of 6000 to 9000 RMB, depending on credentials;
• 14,000 RMB travel allowance plus paid vacations (one week in October, five
January/February, five-to-six week summer break if you sign a year 2 contract,
plus several long
• 300 kw monthly allowance for apartment utilities;
• A 2000 RMB reimbursement for obtaining the Chinese work visa, which will
come to you in
your first paycheck toward the end of September;
• A 2000 RMB settling allowance for you to spend as you’d like (many new
items for their apartment, such as a small oven, cleaning supplies, a fan,
• Free weekly Mandarin lessons;
• Basic medical coverage as per all GXU employees;
• On arrival airport pickup service by staff and students, plus on-going
• Hired candidates paired with current onsite instructors to address
• A bilingual student helper for your first year;
• A teaching assistant to help with exam marking;
• We also have leadership roles that come with additional [email protected] 18 contact teaching hours (45 minutes), plus 1-hour (60 minute)
English Interest Course
Teach maximum 35 students, sometimes in groups of 20, sometimes combined. Year
instructors provide some extra mentoring to students. TAs often provided for
providing a great opportunity for assistance on marking and mentor graduate
classrooms (pictures provided upon application). Lots of autonomy and
scheduling of personal
•SCIC/GXU is 16 years old with eager, curious, responsive, dynamic 4-year EFL
•Candidates should be responsible, creative, open, educated people with
diverse backgrounds and
with knowledge to share.
•Must be keen to work in collegial manner with other like-minded individuals
and capable of living
outside your comfort zone at times.
•Onsite Human Resources director also teaches onsite at SCIC.
•A great opportunity to develop your CV with tertiary teaching skills to move
your EFL teaching
•Experience a taste of the “real China” with easy access to national and
international locations in
•Singles, couples, more mature as well as younger candidates welcome!
•Really!!! A life-changing experience!
Contact: Sandra Bruce, CFCIE Human Resources Director at scichiring with your
CV and photo or
copy of your passport.