EFL and Content University Instructors
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, TESL|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
*Details: *Sino-Canadian International College/Guangxi University/Nanning/South China
WANTS YOU FOR SEPTEMBER 2018!
NO SIGN UP FEE!
•Keen, creative, qualified MA and PhD Candidates for EFL Academic Writing and Research and
•PLUS curriculum development and professional development roles for all!
•Native English speaker;
•Minimum MA university degree plus ESL/TEFL/TESOL/TESL certification (face-to- face or online)
to teach content courses (see list below);
•Minimum two years teaching experience;
•Applicants born and educated in Canada, US, UK, Australia or New Zealand preferred;
•Actively seeking instructors to teach content courses in: Academic Writing and Research,
Research Methods and Statistics, Methodologies in Teaching EFL, Business English, Reading and
Composition, Introduction to Literary Studies, Media Studies, Canadian Studies, British and
American Literature, Linguistics, the History of English.
• Free, fully-furnished Western individual apartments on the university campus with other
foreign teachers and graduate students (pictures provided upon application);
• Monthly salary of 6000 to 9000 RMB, depending on credentials;
• 14,000 RMB travel allowance plus paid vacations (one week in October, five weeks
January/February, five-to-six week summer break if you sign a year 2 contract, plus several long
• 300 kw monthly allowance for apartment utilities;
• A 2000 RMB reimbursement for obtaining the Chinese work visa, which will come to you in
your first paycheck toward the end of September;
• A 2000 RMB settling allowance for you to spend as you’d like (many new teachers purchase
items for their apartment, such as a small oven, cleaning supplies, a fan, etc.);
• Free weekly Mandarin lessons;
• Basic medical coverage as per all GXU employees;
• On arrival airport pickup service by staff and students, plus on-going support;
• Hired candidates paired with current onsite instructors to address questions;
• A bilingual student helper for your first year;
• A teaching assistant to help with exam marking;
• We also have leadership roles that come with additional compensation.
Maximum 18 contact teaching hours (45 minutes), plus 1-hour (60 minute)
English Interest Course
Teach maximum 35 students, sometimes in groups of 20, sometimes combined. Year 2 writing
instructors provide some extra mentoring to students. TAs often provided for content instructors,
providing a great opportunity for assistance on marking and mentor graduate students. Modern
classrooms (pictures provided upon application). Lots of autonomy and scheduling of personal
•SCIC/GXU is 16 years old with eager, curious, responsive, dynamic 4-year EFL University
•Candidates should be responsible, creative, open, educated people with diverse backgrounds and
with knowledge to share.
•Must be keen to work in collegial manner with other like-minded individuals and capable of living
outside your comfort zone at times.
•Onsite Human Resources director also teaches onsite at SCIC.
•A great opportunity to develop your CV with tertiary teaching skills to move your EFL teaching
•Experience a taste of the “real China” with easy access to national and international locations in
•Singles, couples, more mature as well as younger candidates welcome!
•Really!!! A life-changing experience!
Contact: Sandra Bruce, CFCIE Human Resources Director at scichiring with your CV and photo or
copy of your passport.