Professional Art Teachers Needed
|Native||Non-native English speakers can apply|
*Details: *About U-Thinker
U-Thinker Art Education is one of most professional private art school located in Beijing. We
believe art is the basis for all learning, as creative thinking is equal to critical thinking, so it is our goal at U-Thinker to enable and increase student’s ability to be creative, imaginative and independent thinkers.
What we are looking for
Creative art teachers are hired to teach in a variety of art media and at a wide range of skill levels. Classes are scheduled during daytimes, evenings or weekends in yearly program. Teachers are expected to match the material they teach to the audience they are teaching, allowing for growth in each student’s technical skills, confidence as an artist and ability to make objects they are proud of. Instructors facilitate and manage engaging and
safe age-appropriate learning activities for the acquisition of creative and technical skills.
Work or Study legally in China
If you have two years’ work experience after your graduation from university, we will provide you work visa (Z visa); if not, you need to pay for your student visa fee which is around RMB 7000 per term (6 months), thus you can learn Chinese at the same time working here in China;
1. Successful candidates are ideally with previous art teaching experience with all ages. MA or MFA preferred, BA or BFA in art, art education or art history expected.
2. Teachers demonstrate effective leadership, show responsibility, clear communication skills, technical and creative knowledge.
3. Teachers must be able to communicate effectively with students, students’ parents, fellow
teachers and program administrators.
4. Teachers should have the capacity to design, describe accurately and work with the Curriculum Director to adapt their classes into the larger curriculum.
5. Teachers should have thorough knowledge of the processes and materials used in the classes they teach.
1.Each art teacher will work approximately 35-40 hours on teaching or planning course curriculum.
2.Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history
3.Works with Curriculum Director to design course materials to fit the pace, goals, and skill level of class and matching instructor’s own style and strengths.
4.Prepares in advance any materials students or office will need (i.e. material lists, handouts,
5.Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art.
6.Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
7.Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment.
8.Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community.
9.Communicate with parents and colleagues on student progress.
10.Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understanding, and prepare progress reports.
11.Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records.
How to get here
Single trip ticket coming to china and U-Thinker staff will pick you up at Peking capital airport (English speaking), and assist you to settle.
1. Generous bonus compensation.
2. Accommodation: Furnished apartment in gated development.
3. A roundtrip flight will be covered after finishing year contract.
4. Major Holidays with pay.
How to apply:
Please send your Resume along with your art portfolio via emails.