*Details: *Hiring Teachers for Fall semester 2017
Shanghai Oriental Ladder Bilingual School, founded in 1993, is approved by the
Shanghai Municipal Education Commission as a privately owned elementary and
school invested by the Ladder Group. The purpose is to provide an
environment to the students, educate the young minds and make it easier for
students to adapt to different cultures in the future, to not only learn
English as a foreign
language, but use it as a tool to develop an international communication
• The teacher is required to work according to the timetable of the school
from Monday to
Friday each week (except for public holidays) from 08:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
with one hour
lunch break from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• The teacher is required to work 40 hours (office hours) and teach 30 - 35
a week at the school. Class sessions for elementary school are 35 minutes and
sessions for middle school are 40 minutes long. For the rest of the 40 hours,
will be assigned administrative work or work outside the classroom, including
planning, meetings, preparing lessons, “English day” and other administrative
• The teacher is required to teach a class of no more than 20-30
students per class, whose age ranges from six to fifteen.
• Applicant must be 21 - 50 years old.
• Applicant shall have no criminal record.
• Applicant shall be a graduate with a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (Education
Applicant shall be a holder of TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate with two years of
• Applicant shall be a native speaker.
• Applicant should be ready for 10 months commitment.
Benefits and compensation:
The teacher will receive a monthly salary of
1. Senior Teachers (Master Degree of Education Major + min. 2 years working
: $4,000 USD+
2. Experienced Teachers (Bachelor’s Degree of
Education major + min. 2 Years Working experiences): $3,000-3,500
3. Teachers: (Bachelor’s or TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate with teaching
experiences): $3,000 USD
A starting salary will be based on Teacher’s education, work experience and
• Living accommodation is not covered by the school.
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided during weekdays. On Fridays only
and lunch are provided.
• Assistance is provided in obtaining Z visa, Foreign Expert Certificate and
Permit (legal employment).
If you are interested in working with us, please send the following documents:
1. CV/Resume: stating working and graduation dates in month/year format,
2. Scanned copy of highest record of formal schooling: university/college
3. Scanned copy of your 120-hour CELTA/TESOL/TEFL certificate or employment
certificate. CELTA holders are given priority.