Math teacher, Global Prodigy Academy in Jeonju, South Korea
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Global Prodigy Academy (GPA), located in Jeonju, is seeking qualified
candidates for Math Teaching Opportunities for the 2018-2019 school year! GPA
is an international school accredited by WASC and affiliates with Jeonju
Behind every successful student is a team of passionate and dedicated educators. As an instructor at GPA, you will deliver high-quality instruction within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual.
Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities
Math curriculum and instruction for middle & high school
This position could include Algebra 1 and 2, Geometry, Calculus, Statistics, and AP Calculus. The definite teaching assignment is undetermined at this time.
Assess students regularly and refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment date and student needs
Communicate with students and families
Actively participate in professional development activities, work closely with principal, head teacher, counselor and administrators
Other duties as assigned
1. Math teacher position is available for 2018-2019 school year. Fall semester starts in the middle of August and there is a Teacher in Service week beforehand.
2. Teaching Hours
-Full-time job (Monday through Friday)
-Native English Speaker
-A minimum of a bachelor's degree (master’s preferred)
- 1+ year working with students as a teacher preferred
- Knowledge of subject matter and subject-specific frameworks
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Christian is preferred
3. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS must submit
-Diploma with Apostille
-FBI criminal background check with Apostille (Within 6 months) in U.S or issued by RCMP in Canada and it should be notarized by the Canadian Embassy/Consulate.
-Commensurate with education and experience
- 14 weeks paid vacation (Summer-7 weeks, Winter- 7 weeks)
2. Airfare reimbursement (1 time, economy flight)
3. The housing or housing stipend provided
4. Benefits include medical insurance, national pension according to Korean Labor Law. Half of the Employee’s medical insurance premium and national pension will be provided
Location: Global Prodigy Academy, 303 Cheonjamro, Jeonju, 55069, South Korea
Please submit documents by email to Hyejin Kang, Administrative manager
Email: [URL protected]