Qualified Secondary Teachers Needed to Teach Maths or Physics in Muscat, Oman
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
We are looking for qualified secondary teachers to teach Maths or Physics at a prestigious International School in sunny Muscat, Oman.
Global Education Matters (GEM) provides quality K-12 teachers to International Schools around the world.
The school is highly regarded in Oman as a prestigious institution attracting highly qualified students that are dedicated and hard working. All students are required to wear a school uniform with politeness and respect highly valued. These students are a pleasure to teach. The school is modern and well equipped with a warm and friendly staff of professional teachers and administrators.
All applicants must be qualified teachers with a UK or internationally recognised equivalent qualification. Experience teaching in secondary schools in their home country will be highly regarded.Two years experience teaching the English National Curriculum is highly desirable.
• Applications from unmarried couples either singly or jointly cannot be considered.
• Due to Omani visa regulations, applicants aged 60 and over cannot be considered.
• All successful applicants are required to complete police/ISA checks.
Secondary Teacher Criteria:
The ideal candidate must have the following:
• A formal secondary teaching qualification, either a Secondary PGCE or equivalent and hold QTS
• Able to teach Maths to a high standard (for Maths teachers), British curriculum - GCSE primarily with an ability to teach to A-level
• Able to teach Physics to a high standard (for Physics teachers), British curriculum - GCSE primarily with an ability to teach to A-level
• A proven track record of delivering strong results
• A willingness to actively contribute to curriculum development
• A genuine belief that every child matters
• Have a strong subject knowledge
• Have ambition and a passion for learning
• Be able to deliver high quality classroom practice
• Have high expectations of all learners
• Be able to work collaboratively with others
Term 1 (07/01/2018 - 29/03/2018)
Term 2 (15/03/2018 - 12/06/2018)
Salary and Benefits
Experience Omani Riyals
3-5 years 900-1100
5-7 years 1100-1200
7-10 years 1200-1300
10+ years 1300-1400
1 or 2 bedroom furnished accomodation
Yearly roundtrip air ticket
Full Medical Insurance
If you are a dedicated secondary level teacher and would like to expand your teaching experience in an International Setting, we would love to hear from you.
Please send the following…
• current CV in Word Format
• a recent photo
• scanned copy of your bachelor’s degree
• a scanned copy of your teacher certification
• the name and contact details of two professional referees
to Robert at [URL protected]. Please include your full contact details and indicate your subject specialty.
If you have further questions before applying, please contact us directly at [URL protected]
You can also visit our website at [URL protected]
Please note that due to the level of interest in these positions, we will only be able to contact those applicants we wish to interview.