UNSW Australian HS Program(AE,ESL,Chem,Design)
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
*Details: *The University of New South Wales Sino-Australian High School Program (CHINA) is seeking candidates for the following positions for an August/September, 2018 start at our various high school campuses (plus general salary range):
Academic English - Wuxi, Hangzhou (17-24K)
10th Grade ESL/Language Arts - Nanjing (15-20K)
Chemistry - Nanjing, Nantong (Haimen) (18-25K)
Mathematics - Nantong (Haimen)(18-25K)
Design Arts - Wuxi, Xi’an (18-24K)
Please contact us or visit the University of New South Wales Foundation Year
more information about the program, position and course descriptions. This is a DIRECT-HIRE position.
The University of New South Wales UF High School Program is the #1 ranked offshore
Australian program in China. The program is the largest source of undergraduate
students from China for the Australian G8 with nearly 95% of its graduates matriculating
to an Australian Group of Eight university over the program’s history. Over 325 students from the program were admitted to Melbourne, Monash, UNSW and Sydney in 2017. Program campuses are currently located in Nanjing, Wuxi, Hangzhou, Xi’an, Suzhou (Kunshan), Nantong (Haimen) and Xuzhou.
The program is the only one in China that has integrated a leading foreign
postgraduate foundation program into the normal high school curriculum due to the strong
academic background of the partner schools and their students. Rising Senior 1 students (Grade 10) must be eligible and have the aptitude to handle an accelerated course of study completing all their local and foreign high school credit requirement in five semesters (27 months) including achieving a 6.0 IELTS by the middle of Grade 11. Prior to the final two semesters of studies, students apply for one of three study streams UNSW offered: Commerce, Physical Science and Design. The Design Stream is the only program in the
country offered to Chinese high school students interesting in pursuing university studies in
Architecture, Urban Planning, Visual Arts and related majors.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant teaching field (other fields may be considered with
demonstrated work experience); Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience (visa regulation).
• TESOL, CELTA or equivalent is a requirement for all English positions. This may be possibly waived if university degree is in English related major. Please contact us if you require clarification about your credentials.
• Ability to work cooperatively and diplomatically with students, parents, faculty, staff, and
administration in a foreign cultural environment.
• Commitment to student learning and to continued professional development.
• Ability to engage students in learning.
• Ability to have degree authenticated through local Chinese embassy/consulate (visa
• Ability to obtain a clean police background check (visa requirement) .
•Deliver curriculum according to syllabus and timetable through lecture, assessments,
practicals, labs and homework.
•Teach 18-24 class periods a week (varies by campus, number of students)
• Assign and promptly mark class work, homework, tests and assignments.
•Be available and provide appropriate feedback to students regarding progress and
encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
•Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
•Prepare and promptly deliver required student reports to the program management, host
school, and the University of New South Wales.
• Communicate with parents, co-workers, and the campus manager about the progress of
individual students when necessary.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience, education, position, and placement
• Furnished teacher’s flat or housing allowance (~2000-3500RMB) based on location
• Annual travel allowance upon contract completion (8500RMB)
• ~10 weeks paid vacation/year
• Paid sick days and personal days
• Domestic health insurance
• Airport pickup and personal orientation
• Sponsor work (Z) visa, Foreign Expert Certificate & Residence Permit
• All senior level curriculum and teaching material provided (as developed by UNSW)
• Access to in-country staff and department heads in Sydney for academic support,
The University of New South Wales manages the program in conjunction with their local partner, the AHEAD Education Group. Please contact us for more information about the program, courses, host schools, and city location.Thank you for your interest in this position.