2018 Faculty Position for Native Speakers of English Changshin University, Changwon, Republic - of Korea
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Changshin University, located in Changwon, South Korea, is looking for one
English Native Speaker who is interested in teaching English to university
- at least two years of teaching experience at the college level
- at least a master’s degree or a Ph. D in English-related fields such as TESL, Applied Linguistics, English Literature, and English Education.
- Ph. D in other fields will be also considered but limited to majors that match the courses offered at Changshin University.
- teach a minimum of 12 classes hours per week, and a minimum of 3
hours/week of overtime are required.
- subjects to teach: English Conversation, Reading, Writing, and other
- 12 office hours (6 hours to be available for students and 6 hours for
- teach both day time and night time on-campus classes
- attend school-related events.
● Starting Date for Employment: ASAP
● Period of Employment
- 12 months for the first contract. Upon successful completion, you will be eligible for another one-year contract provided certain conditions are met.
● Salary and Benefits
- starting salary: 33 million won per year
- overtime pay: 30 thousand Korean won per hour
- individual office space with furnishings, computer and access to the Internet
- rent-free housing on campus (only pay maintenance fees)
- health Insurance, 50% of which is covered by the college.
- Private School Teachers’ Pension Plan
- 8 weeks of paid vacation per year: 4 weeks in winter and 4 weeks in summer
● Required Documents
- Please, e-mail [URL protected]) the following documents no later than
September 7, 2018.
- Originals will be required at the interview.
1. Cover letter
2. Current resume or CV
3. Recent passport-sized photograph less than 6 months old
4. University transcripts and university diplomas (graduate and/or undergraduate)
5. Copy of alien registration card (if you are currently residing in Korea).
6. At least two current letters of recommendation signed by the referee. The
letters should contain contact numbers of the referees.
7. Copy of past/current Employment Certification
8. Apostilled copy of National Criminal Background Check from your home country.
9. Original copy of Criminal Background Check from South Korea (if you reside or
have lived in South Korea)
10. And other items can be requested after you are selected for an interview.