Work with Motivated Adults in Metro Locations: November 2018 ~ Feb 2019 Start Dates
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join its teams in Seongnam and Seoul. Korea’s #1 language education organization, YBM is Korea’s premier provider of English language content and services. Instructors for the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with native-speaking English academic supervisors and English speaking administrative staff, instructors are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Topic Discussion, Business English, and English for Academic Purposes classes. Instructors make use of a texts, standardized lessons / supplements, and materials designed by teachers themselves. Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience as well as opportunities for professional development. Pre-service training is conducted in the week prior preceding classes.
LOCATIONS & START DATES
Applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions in the last week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the first weekday on or closest to the 1st of the month.
• YBM Bundang – November
• YBM Gangnam – January, February
• PREPAID, round trip airfare to and from Korea.
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
• Paid pre-service training and accommodation.
• Base salary up to 2.4 million won per month.
• Key money for housing deposit PLUS monthly housing allowance.
• Minimum of 10 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
• Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary, per year of employment
• Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
INSTRUCTOR WORKING HOURS
• Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday.
• Opportunities for Saturday classes (at above-overtime rate)
• Positive, energetic outlook and demeanor.
• Hold a valid passport and undergraduate diploma from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States, or the United Kingdom.
• Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners, and/or CELTA, TEFL certification (preferred).
• Demonstrated student/service oriented experience (preferred).
To apply for any of the positions above, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at [URL protected] :
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information,
educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copy of passport information page
• Scanned copy of federal-level criminal record check no older than six-months from time of
issuance with affixed apostille (notarized copy of a fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens).
• Scanned copy of university diploma with affixed apostille (notarized for Canadian citizens).
• Recent photo.
• Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
• If residing / working in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card
(front and back),
signed letter of release from employer, and copies of the above mentioned documents as
previously submitted to the Korea Immigration Services.
The complete set of documents is required for all applicants, regardless of intended full or part-time position, current visa status, and prior length of stay in the Republic of Korea. No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.
Founded in 1961, YBM publishes the Korean language edition of National Geographic, and is official test administrator for TOEIC and the Microsoft Office User exams in Korea. As the largest and most well-known education based corporation in Korea, YBM offers upwardly mobile career opportunities throughout through all its publishing, testing, and academies divisions.