1st Grade Position in Guatemala
|Certificates||Teaching licence, PGCE/QTS|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
1ST GRADE POSITION - CDA GUATEMALA
Colegio Decroly Americano requires that all applicants possess strong English speaking skills with good composition and grammar skills. Preference will be given to candidates from US and Canada. Candidates must have grade level experience, developed emotional intelligence, and who will be positive role models to our community of learners.
• College degree and teaching credentials
• Three years prior teaching experience
• Certified K-6/K-12
• A clear Background check from your point of origin ( State background check apostilled by the Secretary of State, and then sent to the closest Guatemalan Consulate to get “pases de ley”)
*Start date Immediate opening
BENEFITS OFFERED TO INTERNATIONAL TEACHERS
CDA requires two years commitment in order to offer a contract
• Monthly stipend paid in local currency
• Up to $750 US dollars for airfare
• Housing stipend $375.00 per month
• Local medical insurance
• Visa (Permanent residency)
• Work permit
• Transportation to/from school on school buses
• After-school clubs/tutorials for an additional stipend
The monthly stipend is paid in local currency and it goes from US$1,100.00 to US$1,300.00 (The school opens a bank account and debit card with a local bank). The cost of living in Guatemala is less expensive than in the US or even other South American countries.
Is provided in an apartment building located in zone 9 in Guatemala City, the apartments are totally furnished including dishes, small appliances, bedding, and other basic items.
Please send your CV, letter of interest and a copy of your University Diploma to [URL protected].