Teach English in Taiwan. Competitive package, well-structured and supportive working environment
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
KNES has over 30 years’ experience teaching English to Taiwanese children. We provide a supportive and structured environment that’s perfect for new and experienced teachers alike.
We are currently seeking individuals passionate about teaching children to join our team in Hsinchu County, Taiwan.
We are seeking teachers to join our Language Department -
Starting Dates: Immediately and throughout the year
Role: You will be responsible for delivering EFL classes to children aged 6-12 in our after-school language program
Your responsibilities include -
• Generating engaging lesson plans to motivate and inspire young learners
• Maintaining a well-managed class with a warm and inclusive atmosphere
• Developing each child’s English language skills
• Facilitating the positive development of each child’s character
We will provide -
• A structured and supportive working environment
o A well-designed curriculum
o Materials (quizzes, homework, flashcards, software)
o Small class sizes (average of 12 students)
o Fixed working hours set between Monday to Friday
o Minimal weekend work
• A competitive financial package
o Guaranteed monthly salary (NT$60,000-NT$64,000)
o Monthly attendance bonus (NT$2000)
o Partial Airfare Compensation (NT$10,000)
o Various other bonuses (seasonal performance bonus, end of contract bonus, visa reimbursement etc.)
• Assistance with visas and work permits
o We will process the majority of the paperwork on your behalf
o We will cover the cost
• Support settling in
o Free airport pick-up service
o Local area tour
o Training period
o Free accommodation during the training period and for two months after
o Help in finding your own apartment
You will need -
• To hold a passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK or the USA
• To hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (an Associate’s Degree in combination with a TEFL is acceptable)
• To have a clean criminal record (this should be a nationwide criminal record check issued within the previous 4 month period)
Preferred candidates -
• Have a TEFL certificate or equivalent
• Can commit to a 15-month contract
• Have passion and enthusiasm for teaching English and for teaching children
How to Apply -
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume at <[URL protected]>
About Us -
KNES is a private language institution that offers English-classes to children aged 3 to 12. All programs are conducted in English and feature a well- structured curriculum.
We pride ourselves in providing a professional and supportive work environment. We are currently home to more than 19 full-time English-speaking teachers from all over the world. This number will only increase as the school continues to expand.
We have branches spread throughout Hsinchu County. We are primarily based in Zhudong Township and Zhubei City. Both locations are surrounded by beautiful mountains, yet are within easy reach of major cities (e.g. Zhubei and Hsinchu City). Taipei, the capital and Taiwan’s largest city, is only 30 minutes away by High Speed Rail, or 90 minutes by bus.
Taiwan is a very friendly country with a rich history and culture. Taiwan also has a well-developed public transit system, meaning it’s very easy and convenient to get around.