EAP Lecturer Positions - King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals - Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, TESL, DELTA|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
EAP Lecturer Positions
English Language Department
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
College of Applied & Supporting Studies
Box 38, Dhahran 31261,
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for a position as an Instructor/Lecturer in the English Language Department. Located in Dhahran, on the Arabian Gulf, KFUPM is a male-only, English –medium university of science, technology, and business. We expect to recruit new faculty for the start of the spring semester in January 2019 or the fall semester in September 2019.
• Native speaker of English
• Graduate of an Anglophone university
The English Language Department (ELD) teaches three undergraduate English
- An Introduction to Academic Discourse (freshmen composition, reading and academic vocabulary)
- An Introduction to Report Writing (source-based writing, presentation skills, and term report)
- Academic & Professional Communication (advanced research and report writing skills, recruitment strategies, business correspondence, and presentation skills).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Applicants need a first degree in any discipline with: Masters preferably in TEFL/TESOL or Applied Linguistics; or a one-year postgraduate diploma in TEFL/TESL from an accredited university, or an RSA/UCLES DELTA. Applicants should also have a minimum of three years' full-time teaching of EFL/EAP, preferably at the tertiary level, and have overseas experience.
The academic calendar consists of two 15-week semester (fall and spring), each followed by two weeks allocated to final examinations. ELD lecturer teaches four classes per day, three days per week and have five office hour per week. They teach two of the three undergraduate courses each semester and typically have responsibility for between 100 to 120 students.
- Two-year renewable contracts
- Very competitive tax-free salaries
- End-of-service gratuity
- Additional remuneration through the evening language and summer programs may be available
- Generous leave
- Annual round-trip air tickets for faculty, spouse and two children
- Monthly transportation allowance
- Free furnished, air-conditioned accommodation with free utilities and house maintenance
- Educational allowance for school-age children
- Free medical and dental care at the University Clinic or local hospital
- Excellent recreational facilities including sports, fitness and private beach
- On-campus and off-campus bus services to local school and shopping centers
If you are interested in applying to the ELD, please log on to the KFUPM website at <[URL protected]> and click on the Jobs tab (top left). In the Jobs box select KFUPM Jobs. In the Department Name drop-down menu, select English Language-Job F025 should be displayed. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.