Need of volunteer teachers for a language center for refugees in Chios, Greece - from beginning of December onwards
|Native||Non-native English speakers can apply|
CESRT (Chios Eastern Shore Response Team) is a group of international volunteers working together to support the refugee community on the Greek Island of Chios. As well as other projects CESRT runs on the island, CESRT provides an educational centre to adult refugees. The Language Centre is located close to Vial Camp, providing educational services for male and female refugees of all backgrounds, abilities and levels, over 18 years old. From Monday to Friday we focus mainly on English, but students also have the opportunity to learn French, German and Greek throughout the week as well as being able to attend an art class, yoga, and help with the gardening. Each Saturday we hold different workshops for students to learn or try new activities. On Sundays, Choose Humanity use our centre to give one-on-one free legal advice sessions.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To teach at least 4 classes a week
- To create and organise your own classroom activities and lesson plans.
- To be involved in other activities at the Language Centre and other projects run by CESRT when not teaching.
- To set the tone and atmosphere of the Language Centre - a calm, comfortable, clean, positive and welcoming environment.
- To support other teachers on a day-to-day basis.
What we are looking for:
- Willing to commit with CESRT for a minimum of 2 months.
- A fluent English speaker. - Previous ESL/EFL teaching experience.
- To have a TEFL or CELTA certificate. - Sensitivity towards those we are working with.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Free lunch
- Free shared accommodation with other teachers
To apply, please attach your CV, a brief description of yourself and your motivations for joining CESRT to - [[email protected]](/accounts/signup/?next=/en/jobs/15890/need-of-volunteer-teachers-for-a-language-center-f/)
Check out our facebook page :