2 Homeroom Teachers Needed for January 2019 in Santa Cruz, Bolivia
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Key Stage 2 homeroom teachers needed for January 2019 start
We are a newly established School in Santa Cruz, Bolivia operating within purpose built premises that are well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities across a broad and balanced curriculum. We are delivering a globally relevant Primary Curriculum, which has the English National Curriculum at its heart. The school´s maximum number of students per class is 26 but for 2019 primary classes, we will have fewer students. The school is located on a main avenue, which connects the airport to downtown and has easy access to public transportation.
We are seeking qualified professionals with excellent experience and references who will:
• Use in depth knowledge of the English National Curriculum for Key Stage 2 (years 3, 4, 5 or 6) to provide a relevant, challenging and safe learning experience for all students
• Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within planning, teaching and learning at Primary levels
• Provide language rich learning environments to support rapid English language acquisition happening throughout the school
• Ensure children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
• Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that are related to all learning
• Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement of all children
This role is suited to dynamic teachers, who always strive to deliver high quality teaching and are committed to raising standards.
Living and teaching in Santa Cruz can be a richly rewarding experience. Santa Cruz can offer an excellent quality of life for teachers, including warm weather, a variety of travel options for weekend trips and longer adventures during the holidays as well as the opportunity to save some money. The city has a mixed community of expats and a range of restaurants and entertainment options. When teaching in Santa Cruz, you can get a taste of local life and explore the cultural attractions at your leisure.
If you feel you would be suitable for this Primary Teaching position, please apply immediately with a one-page letter of application, a full CV, School Year of interest and a recent photograph to Roger Castaños at [URL protected]
For more information about the School, please visit us at
<[URL protected]> or our Facebook page at
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short-listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.
Skype and/or Phone interviews will be held for suitable applicants.
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in education.
Job Type: Full-Time Min Experience: 2-5 Years
Compensation: Our monthly salary is US$1000 to US$1250, depending on English proficiency/Native Speakers, qualifications and proven experience. The working hours are from 7:15 – 15:15 Monday through Friday. Teaching hours are based on 26 academic periods of 40 minutes each period.
End of year bonus.- Employees will receive an end-of-year bonus, equivalent to a month´s salary. This bonus in Bolivia is also known as “AGUINALDO”.
Vacation.- Teachers receive two weeks winter vacation (July) and a month paid vacation (mid-December to mid-January). The first two weeks in January are granted for a 2 year-contract. In addition, there are a number of National holidays.
Visas.- The school will cover 75% of the total cost of the visa for the first year of the contract. For the second year, the school will pay 100% of the cost.
Flight reimbursement.- For one year contracts, 60% of return ticket flight refunded upon successful completion of the contract. For two year contracts, 100% of return ticket flights refunded upon successful completion of the contract. Inbound flight ticket refunded after successful completion of the first year. Outbound flight ticket Refunded upon successful completion of the contract.
Note.- Both must be direct flights from Santa Cruz, Bolivia and do not exceed the amount of 1100USD.
● Partially furnished and equipped shared accommodation provided (not paid for) by the school.
● Meeting at the airport on teacher's arrival.
● Mobile phone line with some credit per month, meant to keep teachers connected with School and each other, especially in case of emergencies.Apply for job