Aviation English Instructor Needed in Tianjin, China
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, TESL, DELTA|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Aviation English Instructor
An opportunity exists to join an exciting organization providing specialized aviation language trai-ning in China. Horizon Aviation is an emerging expert specialized education training provider ba-sed in Tianjin, China. Horizon Aviation is looking for experienced and qualified EFL instructors to join our team in late 2018.
The role involves providing a unique and tailored training experience to enthusiastic cadet pilots who need to develop English language skills prior to embarking on careers with airlines across China.
Teaching will be delivered at the Horizon Aviation facility, located near the Civil Aviation Univer-sity of China (CAUC). The initial contract will be for 12 months and includes a review after a three-month probation period. Opportunities will be provided to develop specialized language trai-ning skills as aviation English instructors to select instructors.
Company: Horizon Aviation
Position title: Aviation English Instructors
Location: Tianjin, China
Start date: December, 2018
Initial contract: 1 year
Annual Salary： 180000
A competitive salary (or hourly) package
Paid vacation/leave: Chinese public holidays plus university holidays
Assistance to find housing
Provision of a work visa
Aviation background knowledge training
Membership to International Civil Aviation English Association (ICAEA)
Potential advancement in a rapidly growing company
7 days hotel accommodation for relocation
Certain selected successful candidates will be provided training at International House in Bangkok. All costs (training, flights and accommodation) will be covered by Horizon Aviation. This oppor-tunity will be offered to particularly committed and professional language instructor prior to com-mencement of their contract.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Required: • 100+ hours TESL/TEFL certification (including classroom based
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• 2+ years of full time ESL/EFL teaching experience
• A native English speaker or have equivalent high proficiency in English
• Expertise in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Between the age of 25-50, in good health, with no criminal record
Preferred: • Diploma level TESL/TEFL certification (DELTA or equivalent) and/or MA TESOL/Applied Linguistics
• Major in Education, Linguistics, English or and English related field
The position requires:
• A commitment to the effective and efficient development and implementation
of the Aviati-on English program at Horizon Aviation.
• Active contribution as a member of a small team.
• An ability to work outside mainstream institutional education settings requiring creative so-lutions to the delivery of training and scheduling.
• A positive outlook and an ability to work in a cross-cultural workplace.
• Demonstrated commitment to contemporary approaches to learning and communicative language teaching methodology.
• Demonstrated understanding of managing learning expectations in Asia.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for own professional development in second language learning, assessment, curriculum writing and ESP fields.
Horizon Aviation will assist foreign instructor to find appropriate accommodation in the vicinity of the language training facility, considering location, transportation, nearby facilities, etc.
• Deliver at least 14 hours of class-based training per week to 16-20 studens,
with classes running for 105 minutes during evenings at the training centre
next door to Civil Aviation Authority of China (CAUC).
• Implement the curriculum and complete teaching related assignments as required.
• Support and assist the continuous development and enrichment of the course material.
• Participate in professional development
• Communicate with students and collaborate with faculty and staff
• Engage with education research
What is Horizon Aviation?
We are a new language teaching facility located near the Civil Aviation University of China (CAUC) in Tianjin, China. We are conducting specific language training for Chinese pilot cadets. Aviation English language teaching is a brilliant ESP niche with a bright future. The aviation indus-try is rapidly expanding globally and it’s a field for which there is a shortage of competent ESP instructors.
We offer full aviation knowledge training and membership to the International Civil Aviation Eng-lish Association. Our goal is to become the largest Aviation English training facility in the world and to provide the highest quality training in our sector. Our language school is located at the Civil Aviation University of China in Tianjin (about 1.5 hours drive from Beijing). We enjoy support at the highest levels of ICAO, ICAEA and the Civil Aviation Authority of China.
Our doors are opening in late 2018 and we anticipate rapid expansion in the next 2-3 years.
Apply by sending:
• A short cover letter addressing the selection requirements
• A CV including a photograph with email and telephone contact details of at least two most recent referees able to comment on your suitability for the position
• Scan of your university degree(s)
• Scan of TESL/TEFL certificate
Send applications by email to: [URL protected] by 3rd Nov, 2018.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.