Teaching Adults at the British Council in Seoul this Winter. (4 million won per month)
|Certificates||TESOL, CELTA, DELTA|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
The British Council Korea is currently looking for enthusiastic and qualified English Language teachers holding F-type visas in Korea who will be able to work full time during the months of January and February in 2019.
• CELTA: - 4,080,000 KRW per month
• DELTA: - 4,320,000 KRW per month
Teachers must be available to start teaching on 2 January 2019 and finish on March 1st. Teachers will be working 40 hours (30 hours teaching + 10 hours course preparation and administration) per week for 8 weeks from Monday to Friday (5 days a week). Teachers will be teaching Intensive courses. There are 4 modules and each module is 30 hours long over 2 weeks. Each teacher will teach 2 classes per week. Double ups will be given where possible.
Teachers new to the British Council must also be available for an online induction completed at least two weeks’ before the course starts. The induction can be completed when the candidate has free time in December 2018.
- F visa holders only
- Must hold a passport from an English-speaking country; UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa
- University degrees must be from a country where English is the nation's first language.
[Skills & Knowledge & Experience]
ESSENTIAL - Cambridge CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent (this must
include face-to-face teaching practice)
- High proficiency in English i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module
- Undergraduate / university degree
2 years full-time experience with a variety of levels including Adult classes.
Experience in teaching relevant age groups: Adults General English 18+ (960+ hours)
- Classroom management
- Course and lesson planning
- Subject knowledge
- Understanding your learners
- Learning technologies
1. Plan, prepare, and deliver high quality English language teaching that
meets the needs of different customer groups taking into account individual
2. Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students' performance throughout the course and actively promote learner autonomy
3. Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials, and related services in order to meet students' needs by actively working as a member of the teaching team
4. Complete teaching related administrative tasks to specified standards
5. Engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning and maintain British Council's position at the forefront of best ELT practices
6. Contribute to the development of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships by enhancing students' understanding of contemporary UK
7. Support local marketing and promotional strategy and assist the teaching centre team in delivering excellent customer service
8. Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
- Child protection
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Health and safety
[Context and Environment]
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Through English teaching, we are able to directly impact on individuals’ lives by creating life changing opportunities, breaking down barriers and helping to build trust worldwide.
The English business unit’s goals are to deliver more widespread and better quality English language teaching. The opportunity to do this in Korea is based on the huge demand for English from a hard-working and aspirational audience.
The British Council Korea has expanded rapidly over the past five years and is now based in seven locations across Seoul. The head office is located near City Hall, in the historical, cultural and political centre of Seoul and our three Adult Teaching Centres are based in Euljiro, a short walk from City Hall; Gangnam, a lively, commercial area, south of the Han River; and Jamsil a popular area in the east side of Seoul. Our Adult Teaching Centres run myClass courses only and we currently have more than 2800 students studying with us with more growth planned for the future. More information about myClass can be found on our homepage: <[URL protected]>
[Other important information]
Tax: 6.6% of income tax will be deducted from the monthly salary
If interested, please send your CV to [URL protected]
Closing Date: 28 November 2018 (Please apply ASAP as the interviews will be arranged on a first come first served basis)
Please make sure information below is clearly stated in the cover email when application is sent to us.
• Visa type with expiry date
• Teaching qualification (CELTA /Cert TESOL)
Please note that only the shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview and non-shortlisted candidates will not be contacted.Apply for job