(Not an agent)–Starting from 2.4M~ : English Teachers for Kinder & Elementary students in Gwangju
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
-be a native English speaker
-hold a valid passport from USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
-hold a minimum bachelor degree from an accredited university from one of the above countries
-have a clean national criminal record with Apostille or certification from Korean Consulate (depending on country)
1. Starting Date : ASAP or Beginning of December 2018, and April 2019
2. Contract period: One year
3. Location: 935 Poong Am Dong, Seo Gu, Gwangju Gwangyoksi, Korea
4. Payment: From 2.4 M~2.7M won per month (It depends on the working hours)
5. Teaching days: Monday to Friday
6. Working hours : 9:00AM~6:00PM (Or 7:00 PM)
7. Student age: Kinder~Elementary
8. Class size: 1-12 students in a class
9. Vacation: 10 days paid vacation according to academic calendar (Include 4-5 days school vacation) + Korean national holidays, 3 paid sick day leave
10. Housing: Free Furnished accommodation – Single
11. Other Condition: One-way Airfare
12. National Pension: 50% provided
13. Medical Insurance: 50% provided
13. Severance pay : Yes (One month payment)
14. Lunch: Free Korean style lunch is provided
1. Resume with Cover Letter (including contact information, educational/employment history, picture and employment references)
2. Recent photo (3X4 cm size, 3-4 copies)
3. Copy of university diploma with affixed apostille (notarized for Canadian citizens)
4. Original copy of federal-level criminal record check no older than six- months from time of issuance with affixed apostille (notarized copy of a fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens)
5. Self medical check form
6. Passport copy
7. Self-introductory video clip (If possible, Link) if applicable
8. If living / working in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back), signed letter of release from employer, and copies of the above mentioned documents as previously submitted to the Korea Immigration Services.
Hi! I’m Aemily Yang with Sewoon VIVA English Academy in Gwangju, South Korea.
We are currently looking for some motivated and enthusiastic English Teachers
to come and work for our school. Our school is located in the fifth largest
city in South Korea. Gwangju is renowned for its culture, history, art and
food. There is a large foreigner population and there are many fun things to
explore and do. You can visit one of the cities many beautiful art galleries,
wander around its bustling downtown area for some shopping and coffee, go to a
baseball game to see one of Koreas best teams (the Gwangju Kia Tigers), or
hike up the beautiful Mudeung National Park.
We are one of the top academies in the city, as well as one of the largest with more than 300 students. The school offers two programs; an English kindergarten program that helps prepare 5-7 year old children for public school and an elementary program that furthers student’s English learning. These programs are taught in different buildings, but they are located next to each other. The Kindergarten offers a great curriculum with a wide variety of subjects, which you will have the opportunity to help create and implement. The class sizes are mid-sized, between 3-12 students. This gives you an opportunity to develop great relationships with your students and offer the best learning experience for each of your classes. Also, the school has a great working environment. You will be working with five other outgoing and friendly foreigner teachers, along with many, equally as friendly, Korean co- teachers. We just built a new building in 2010 with a computer in every class room and up to date facilities, making for a great teaching environment. We have a great management team that offers loads of help with settlement, work life and any other issues.
Our base salary is 2.4 million, which includes housing close to the school. A higher salary can be negotiated with higher qualification, for example a master’s degree. Contracted working hours are between 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
If you wish to fill this exciting job position or have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time. I will be happy to help you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.