An Amazing Job in Jeonju - Acorn English
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, CELTA|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Hi, my name is Robert Doyle. I am the owner of Acorn English and we are advertising directly.
• Full-time native English speaker at Acorn English
• Location: Jeonju, South Korea
• Hours: Monday to Friday, 1pm – 9pm.
• Contract Period: 1 year with option to renew
• Start Date: March 2019
• Salary: 2.0 – 2.5 million won (depending on experience)
• Housing provided or 300,000 rent allowance
• Health Insurance (50%)
• Pension (50%)
• Severance bonus of one month’s salary upon completion of contract.
• Paid vacation (10 days and Korean National Holidays)
• One-way flight ticket
Our academy is different to most in that it is foreign-owned. I am from Ireland and my wife is Korean, so we avoid the language, cultural and communication problems experienced at other schools.
We offer a great working environment. Our Korean co-teachers are bilingual, allowing easy communication and collaboration. We teach children from the age of 8 to 14 and keep class sizes small to facilitate optimum teacher-student interaction and ensure each student has the opportunity to speak during class. Our taught classes are complimented by our language lab where students practice their reading, writing and comprehension skills.
• Develop students' language skills through teaching course books and
• Assess students' performance and provide constructive feedback
• Work with co-teachers to ensure each class's learning needs are being met
• provide enrichment activities like songs, games, and creative-projects to create a positive, fun-filled learning environment
• Be a native English speaker from the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada, Australia,
New Zealand, or South Africa.
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree
• Be energetic and have a genuine desire to teach children
• 1-2 years experience working with children
• Classroom teaching experience
• CELTA/TESOL/TEFL certificate
Please submit the following to
• Cover letter
• Recent picture of yourself