Teachers needed for University in Jiashan County, Zhejiang province
|Certificates||TEFL, CELTA, Teaching licence|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
- Teach Oral English to classes of around 40 university students
- Twelve to fifteen 90-minute classes per week
- Every attempt is made to block teaching hours (no split shifts)
- All classes scheduled M-F 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Curriculum in place, although teachers are encouraged to be creative and supplement lessons with other activities (training/resources provided)
- Opportunities to participate in university extra-curricular activities such as English corner and short-film making competition.
Earlybirds is an organization that works directly with universities and public schools in Shanghai. We are not a recruiter or agency but hire teams of teachers and academic managers for institutions that we work in partnership with. We strive to offer a friendly yet professional environment for teachers wishing to experience life in China.
- Hold a university bachelor degree
- Be a native speaker of English (USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and South Africa)
- Minimum 2-years’ teaching experience
- no teaching experience is acceptable if you have bachelor degree majored in education, language or teaching, or native teaching license, or qualified international ESL teaching certificates, such as CELTA or TEFL certificate.
- Have a reasonable level of comfort with technology (we use IWB and a variety of applications in the classroom – training provided)
- contract starting Feb. 20th , 2019 to Jan 19th , 2020 with July and August only 2 working weeks and paid for basic salary
- 14,500 RMB (USD 2,165 or EURO 1,854) per calendar month (10,000 basic salary + 4500 housing allowance)
-One week (7 nights) offered in a hotel and help in finding permanent accommodation provided.
- 12,000 RMB (USD 1,792 or EUR 1,535) end-of-contract bonus (related to completion of contract and performance).
- Travel allowances 8,000 RMB (USD 1,195 or EUR 1,023) half paid upon completion of first semester, with the rest being paid on the completion of the contract.
- Help with costs pertaining to relocation
- offers medical insurance.
- On-going teacher development
- Bilingual staff to assist with housing/cultural issues
- Team dinners/trips to nearby sights
To Apply: Please send your CV/resume to
[URL protected] for now. TEFL
certificate, university diploma, passport scan, and references will be required after a successful interview.