English Instructors/Lecturers - King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, DELTA|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
KING FAHD UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM & MINERALS
DHAHRAN, SAUDI ARABIA
EFL/ESL/EAP Instructor/Lecturer Positions
2-year Renewable Direct Hire Contracts
(August 2019 start date)
KFUPM recruiters will be at JALT2018 (The Japan Association for Language
Teaching) conference in Shizuoka, Japan
From Friday, November 23 to Monday, November 26, 2018
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals is an English-medium university in the Eastern Province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It started as the College of Petroleum and Minerals in 1963, training workers for ARAMCO, the Saudi oil company and largest oil company in the world. Over time, it has grown to become a top 200 university according to international university rankings. Every year, some 1,800 - 2000 students join KFUPM from the top 2% of eligible high school graduates, hoping to study engineering and technical subjects in English. The university students and staff are exclusively male, in accordance with Saudi Arabia’s rules.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for the post of instructor/lecturer in the KFUPM Preparatory English Program, a foundation course for technical disciplines. Faculty are contracted for 20 contact hours per week plus 5 hours administrative and tutorial duties.
• Place of Birth: the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
• Native speakers of English
• Graduate of an Anglophone university
• A full-time MA in TEFL/TESOL/Applied Linguistics or a related discipline plus two years’ post qualification overseas experience.
• Either a one-year postgraduate diploma in TEFL/TESOL from an accredited university plus two years’ overseas experience, or a RSA/UCLES DELTA with two years’ overseas experience.
• A BA/BSc degree with a full-time 120-hour postgraduate certificate in TEFL/TESOL including a practicum (e.g. CELTA, CTEFLA) plus five years’ experience.
• Competitive salary
• Significant paid holidays
• Plenty of overtime opportunities
• Tax-free compensation
• Rent-free fully furnished and maintained on-campus housing
• Free utilities
• Annual round-trip air tickets for faculty and up to 3 family members
• Free medical and dental care
• Education subsidy for faculty with school-age children
• Monthly transportation allowance
• Free bus services; on-campus and for shopping trips
KFUPM campus may be viewed online by clicking the following link to a You Tube video: <[URL protected]>
Generous faculty leave with full pay includes national and Islamic holidays, a mid-semester break and a long summer holiday.
Opportunities exist for separately contracted and paid employment on KFUPM daytime overtime, evening courses, short courses, and the KFUPM eight-week summer program.
If you are interested in applying to KFUPM and meet our requirements, send an e-mail to [URL protected] and under subject write APPLICATION FORM 11/2019-PEP. In your e-mail include your C.V., date of birth, place of birth and nationality at birth. If you’ll be attending JALT2018 conference in Shizuoka, Japan, or you live in the area, please inform us in your email so we can arrange an interview.
Previous applicants should not re-apply.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re only able to respond to applicants who pass the initial screening. Suitable applicants will be sent a KFUPM application form and request for supporting documents. Subject to successful initial screening, you will be invited to interview. Online interviews will be conducted for applicants outside Saudi Arabia.