Teach in Culturally Rich Somaliland (Africa) at a Rapidly Growing College
|Certificates||TESOL, Qualified teacher|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
POSITION: English Instructor
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
STARTING DATE: December 2018
ABOUT NORTHSTAR COLLEGE
Northstar College, Hargeisa is currently seeking qualified English instructors to join our diverse international faculty starting December 1st, 2018. Programs at Northstar College are designed to enhance student lives by preparing them for university education and equipping them with communication, academic, research and career skills for a sustainable, more productive lives in their communities and beyond.
Located in the heart of Hargeisa, Northstar College is the first of its kind in the region with the mission to empower students with language skills and demand-driven competencies that make a real difference in the lives of its graduates. Based on best practices in language acquisition and using cutting edge technology with inspiring resources, we offer skills-based English programs for adults that are designed to show immediate results right after completion. We are currently looking for teachers with versatile background and teaching abilities to teach a wide range of skills-based courses to adults.
If you enjoy working and growing with a young progressive institution in one of the most resilient and culturally rich communities in the world, we would love to hear from you!
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, TESOL or a related field.
• Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in TESOL (Masters preferred).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous classroom teaching experience.
• High degree of digital literacy.
• The ability and desire to work with language learners, showing empathy and awareness of challenges and knowledge of curricular objectives.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills – able to promote a collaborative team atmosphere.
• Skill in developing curriculum responsive to the needs of NC students.
• A positive attitude, a kind regard for others, and a good sense of humour.
• Full Time (35 hours per week)
o 25 instructional (classroom) hours
o 10 office hours (includes meetings, PD, student support, marking and prep time)
• Tax-free salary of $2000 per month
• Private one-bedroom apartment in expat compound
• 6 weeks’ holiday time per year
• Round trip flight to home city per year
• Local health care coverage
Interested applicants, please send CV and cover letter to Abdulwahid Musa, Director of Studies. [URL protected]
Interviews for qualified applications will be conducted through videoconferencing on Skype