Teacher in English as a Second Language (EFL) & English for Academic Purposes (EAP) - : Erbil Campus, Kurdistan, Iraq
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, DELTA|
|Native||Non-native English speakers can apply|
Teacher in English as a Second Language (EFL) & English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
Erbil Campus, Kurdistan, Iraq.
Full-time – Fixed Term
$2500 per month (tax-free). Fully-furnished modern apartment. Fully-sponsored visa (arranged by us after arrival). A roundtrip flight reimbursement.
Approximately 20 teaching hours per week + necessary clerical and office hours.
The Technical University of Ostrava (VSB) is a Czech university that has recently opened a campus in Kurdistan, Iraq. At present, the Erbil campus focuses on technical subjects such as Petroleum Engineering, Civil Engineering, Management and Business, Finance, Marketing, and Computer Science. It specialises in preparing students for a high European level of academia to enable them to complete their undergraduate and postgraduate study in the Czech Republic. VSB currently runs both foundation courses and stand- alone EFL courses.
Kurdistan is a vibrant, safe and interesting place to work and live. Often coined as ‘the other Iraq’, Kurdistan is a relatively liberal and progressive region of the Middle East. Steeped in great history and culture, this mountainous region is harmoniously home to Muslims, Christians, and Atheists, alike. With Western calibre restaurants, bars, and supermarkets, as well as Eastern Bazaars and markets, Erbil is a real melting pot of cultures and a fascinating place to live.
We are looking for a creative, self-starting and enthusiastic university
teachers of EFL and EAP to help us deliver our new foundation and EFL courses.
The English foundation course is designed to ensure that students’ English language abilities are of the required level before starting their undergraduate or postgraduate studies at VSB.
You will be reporting to the Head of the Language and Development Institute (LADI) within VSB. You will be joining a team of European and American teachers.
Key accountabilities and duties
With the full support of the Head of Department, you will be expected:
- To teach both EAP & EFL lessons
- To prepare and deliver dynamic and effective lesson plans
- To prepare and deliver assessments
- To carry out administrative tasks associated with teaching
- To maintain accurate records of student attendance and academic progress
- To contribute to course and module development
- To provide teaching cover in the absence of other colleagues
- To attend weekly team meetings
- To act as a positive ambassador for VSB
- Undergraduate Degree (1st or 2.1)
- CELTA/DELTA qualification or 100+ hours TEFL/TESOL
- Proven significant EFL teaching experience
- Experience creating lesson plans
- Professional, positive, dynamic, communicative, flexible and social
- Clear criminal record
- No pre-existing medical condition that would hinder role performance.
- Master degree
- Proven significant EAP teaching experience
- Experience teaching/living abroad
- Experience working in the Middle East
Please send your CV (with a photo), a short covering letter and a copy of any relevant qualification certificates to [URL protected]Apply for job