English Program (EP) English Teacher Position in Bangkok, Thailand
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, PGCE/QTS|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
IDEAL English Academy is a respected and highly professional private language school in Bangkok. Our English Programs are renowned for being creative, inspiring and will captivate the students desire to learn. The students who learn with us become confident, capable and aspiring English language users.
We are recruiting Native Speakers of English for the following position
English Program (EP) English Teacher (ref. EP2)
Starting salary from 42,000฿ to 44,000฿
A fantastic opportunity for a qualified English Teacher has arisen to join a well-established EP program. As well as joining a great school, you’ll be a member of a supportive and well-resourced EP Primary department and be responsible for teaching levels 2, 5 and 6. You’ll join a team ranging from newly qualified teachers to highly experienced teachers in the primary department.
Ongoing training and development will be given to you, plus you will benefit from the support of the Primary EP Head Teacher. This is a full time position so you would be teaching up to 20 periods per week with additional hours for admin duties and lesson planning/activities.
We are looking for teachers who have
• A deep caring about students and commitment to the teaching profession and ethics.
• A demonstrated cultural understanding and respect and a desire to live and work in Thailand.
• A sense of adventure and an interest in contributing to the success of our client schools and students.
• A well balanced, flexible and adaptable nature.
• A good role model for students and colleagues, demonstrating high personal standards at all times.
• Professionalism at school as fitting for a teacher at an academically oriented private school in Thailand.
• Be able to plan, organizing and preparing classes, including developing detailed lesson plans.
Innovative and receptive to new ideas and opportunities for professional development.
• Develop learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities.
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject from an Accredited University.
• ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120 hrs of in class training).
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
What we can offer you
The benefits of working with IDEAL English Academy are self-explanatory. You get to live and work in 'Beautiful Thailand' while teaching some of the best kids in the world.
• Monday to Friday 8am-4pm work week.
• 12-month renewable contract with a salary increase.
• End of contract bonus.
• Non B visa extension and Work Permit supplied by IDEAL.
• 20 days holiday per year, with an additional 13 public holidays plus Christmas break, all paid.
• AIA Health and medical insurance cover.
• Free Lunch
• Special end of semester lunches
• Opportunities to develop with a Cambridge PDQ
The school is located within walking distance from Queen Sirikit or Khlong Toei MRT stations in the heart of central Bangkok.
How to apply
At this time we are only accepting Native Speakers of English from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. South African applicants must have a valid TOEIC score of 800+. You also must be currently in Thailand at the time you apply.
Please quote EP2 on the subject line, then email the following documents to Human Resources at IDEAL English Academy [URL protected] now.
1. Cover letter and CV
2. Scanned copy of university degree/transcripts and ESL certificate
3. Scanned copy of the photo page in your passport and current visa stamp
Please note that we have a two stage interview process and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews and a pre-interview test. If you are contacted, please make sure you bring the originals of the above documents on the day of your interview. A teaching demonstration will also be required after the interview.
IDEAL English Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the company's recruitment procedure the successful candidate will undergo background checks.
For more information about our company and our programs, please visit our company website at <[URL protected]> to find out more.