It’s never too early to plan for teaching in China. 30 days PAID VACATION. 14,000 RMB a month. Not a misprint. Work in Xi’an at William’s English School.
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, PGCE/QTS|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Summer of 2019 will be our 15th anniversary!
Founded in 2004, our schools are some of the best in Xi’an (home of the world- famous Terracotta Warriors) not just because we say so but evidenced by the numerous awards we have received. We are a 5-star school.
We have the facilities, the infrastructure, and the people to make your teaching experience in China a successful and enjoyable one! Our school facilities are nice with A/C in all rooms. Western course books and teacher books. Class sizes are limited to 16 students. We mainly focus on 7 to 12-year-old students. All foreign teachers will be accompanied by a Chinese Teacher of English in class. Management of class is handled by the Chinese Teachers. Semesters are 20-weeks long which leaves ample time for traveling and such. Teachers teach on average 20 - 23 academic hours a week with 2 days off (almost always Mondays and Tuesdays) during each 20-week term. Do the math (20 + 20 = 40 weeks of work) How much does that leave for vacation time? ALOT. You will have over 30 days PAID VACATION time! That is not a misprint! While other toil away with a puny 7 days’ vacation.... you will have 4 times as many days! No joke... this is a huge benefit!
William’s English School is operated by an American with over 16 years of experience teaching and managing in China. A hands-on ownership group ensures fair and honest treatment for all our teachers. We are teachers and we know what it is like to be a teacher in China. Currently on staff, we have teachers already in their 5th and 6th years! When you have a problem, you are not going through various Chinese middle management or a Foreign Director of Studies who is barely 25 years old; you are going straight to the top. Owners here teach just like you! No run-arounds here!
75% of our Chinese Teacher staff has been employed for more than 3 years (stable and great place to work). We only hire full-time Chinese staff to be our Chinese teachers. No part-timers allowed, so rest assured that our teachers are here to work with you!
We believe in cultural diversity. We DO NOT DISCRIMINATE!! Currently, on FT staff, we have a great mixture of talent from the US, UK, Canada, and South Africa representing many ethnicities!
Due to expansion, WES is currently seeking 3-4 responsible candidates for full-time teachers to work up to 20 academic hours a week.
We need NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS who are TEACHERS WHO EXCEL with 7-12 year-olds for the upcoming Spring semester (Mid-February 2019). Contract dates are from February 13, 2019, to February 12, 2020.
Here is what we offer for a full-time Foreign English Teacher with at least 2 years of experience.
1. Contract - Salary 14000 RMB per month for an average of 20-23 academic teaching hours a week with 13 hours of office time preparing for your classes. Almost all FTs will usually have about 20-23 academic hours. Your salary is Guaranteed Pay regardless if you have the hours or not! All time-off is PAID FOR! Full salary EVERY month of your contract even if you only have 15 academic hours! Ideal for the serious-minded teacher that wishes to advance their own personal teaching skills as well as possibly moving into a management position with William’s English School. If you perform well and renew contracts, pay goes up. We have several FTs with salaries over 17K…. and that is great in Xi’an as the standard of living here is way less than Beijing/Shanghai and other coastal cities! We pay according to how you perform against your peers here at WES. Give us a chance and we give you a chance!
2. Free 2-bedroom housing! Live by yourself in your own apartment with plenty of space to spare! No roommates! Yoga Room? Weight Room, Library? It is up to you!
3. Visa – Visa Fee Reimbursement for normal processing (around $140) (excludes agent fees or rush services)
4. Sponsored Z-Visa (work visa) / Foreign Expert Certificate is issued. Resident Permit given.
5. Contract completion bonus of $1500 USD. Bonuses and Salaries can increase the longer you are with us.
7. All Contract teachers will have at least 2 days off during the week. (Usually Mondays and Tuesdays).
8. Pickup from Airport provided.
You MUST be:
*a native speaker of English at least 24 years of age
*a Canadian or American preferred but other origins such as the UK/Australia/New Zealand/S. Africa can be considered as well
*a holder of a Bachelor's Degree or Higher (Degrees Preferred – Anthropology, Linguistics, Elementary Education, East Asian Studies)
*a holder of an ESL/TESOL/TEFL certificate or equivalent (no exceptions) If you don’t have one, we can refer you to a 120-hour TESOL online course that will be very budget friendly! It is fully licensed and upon contract completion, we will reimburse you the cost of your certificate!
*at least 2 YEARS experience in teaching English as a second language (This is a MUST)
*willing to go through the vetting process by obtaining notarization and authentication checks for your Diploma and your Criminal Background check (Takes about 3 - 4 weeks to complete) No time to dilly dally! Don’t get lured to China on promises of turning a Tourist visa into a Work visa! Too many foreigners lose their backside by being tricked into this situation.
IF YOU DO NOT FULFILL THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS… PLEASE DO NOT APPLY! YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED! NATIVE SPEAKERS ONLY! INTERVIEWS ARE DONE TO CHECK ACCENT AND CULTURAL BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE! (You would be surprised how many don’t read this!)
We prefer teachers…
who are outgoing and full of life…
with teaching experience overseas...
who love children and are very patient...
who have studied the Chinese language or culture...
who have taught English as a Second Language (ESL) for more than 2 years...
are in good health (You will walk a lot in China!)…
with vivid work experiences.
If you are interested in this position and tired of all the run-arounds with recruiters and Chinese Management, please contact William by email at [URL protected] .
References can be provided by our current AND former teachers. Please, no agents.
Interviews will be done through Skype or Wechat.