Assistant Professor of EFL at Woosong University in Daejeon, Korea, starting March 2019
|Native||Non-native English speakers can apply|
Woosong University is seeking experienced, qualified candidates to fill positions as non-tenure track EFL assistant professors, starting in March 2019.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Only candidates meeting these requirements will be contacted:
- Must meet the requirements for E-2 or F-visa status.
- Master's degree (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred) and 2 years of verifiable English teaching experience acquired after the master’s degree
- PhD or EdD, with experience taken into account but not required.
Experience must be:
- Full time English teaching at a university, college or corporation (not from private academies)
- Primary or secondary level outside of Korea is acceptable with teaching licensure
- Verifiable through letters from employers with explicit dates or certificates of employment
Non-tenure Track Assistant Professor, General English Language (GEL)
- Teach a variety of credit and noncredit English as Foreign Language classes
- Maximum teaching 20 hours per week, 4 office hours and 2 hours every two weeks for professional development. Classes are taught from Monday to Friday during the morning, afternoon, and evening.
*Bilingual (Korean and English) GEL Professors who can translate and interpret may have opportunities for administrative duties.
- 2,700,000 to 3,500,000 Won per month
- Relocation allowance of 40,000 Won per day for up to seven days before the start of the contract for those applicants currently living outside of Korea.
- One-time signing bonus (an additional 300,000 Won after your first month and 700,000 Won upon contract completion) for all first-year teachers.
- One month's additional salary is paid as a bonus upon the completion of a second year’s contract and every year contract thereafter.
For Single teachers, a rent-free partially-furnished apartment close to the campus for the first year (based on availability) OR a housing stipend* of 400,000 Won per month is offered.
For teachers with a spouse and/or family, a housing stipend* of 500,000 Won per month is offered. In the case that two teachers are married to each other and working for Woosong as a couple two housing stipends* of 400,000 Won are offered to the couple.
*The housing stipend does not include key money and Woosong will not provide key money, advancements, or loans to its employees.
- Vacation – 6 weeks paid
- Basic health insurance: National Health Insurance plan
- Private Pension Fund approximately 8% of your salary per month
- Mentoring program for those new to Korea, or Woosong
- Faculty discount of 40% at Woosong Kindergarten for those with children
Woosong offers staff and family discounts for study in the Masters of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning (M.A. TESOL-MALL) Graduate Degree program ( [URL protected]<[URL protected]> ), and the Certificate in TESOL, at Woosong University [URL protected](contact [[email protected]](/accounts/signup/?next=/en/jobs/16676/assistant-professor-of-efl-at-woosong-university-i/) ).
- One year contract starting March 1st. (Renewable upon satisfactory performance)
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
Woosong offers staff discounts for study in the Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) at our international business school, SolBridge ([URL protected]. The program is taught solely in English.
First screening-- Submit a cover letter, résumé, scan of passport information page and proof of experience to the Woosong Hiring Committee at: [URL protected][URL protected][URL protected][URL protected]. Applications will be reviewed and those which meet Woosong’s requirements will pass to the interview stage. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to everyone. We appreciate your understanding.
Woosong University requires a national level criminal background check, an
original copy of diploma, and a health report. The health report will require
a medical examination done in Korea which involves testing for tuberculosis,
hepatitis, and drug use.
For more Information, go to http//[URL protected].