Are you a qualified and experienced English teacher currently living in Seoul, South Korea?
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Uchon Elementary School is a newly renovated private elementary school located in Seongbuk-Gu, Seoul, close to Line 4 (Blue line), Hansung University and Sungshin Women’s University subway station.
Our program values student learning and prioritizes the role of literacy in language education. We currently host a rich foundation of language, affording students time to do real, meaningful, engaging reading and writing on a daily basis through the workshop approach. Uchon Elementary School prioritizes authentic, hands-on learning, valuing the student-centered experience in all subjects, including science and global citizenship.
We are seeking experienced younger & upper elementary school homeroom teachers to join our amazing team of professional educators. Our new school year begins at the beginning of March, and we will begin orientation in the latter half of February.
Position(s): (All grades) Homeroom Teacher
Location: Seongbuk-gu, Seoul
Term of Employment: March 1st, 2019 to February 28th, 2020 (with orientation from Feb. 18~22)
Salary: 2.4 million KRW per month + 600,000 housing allowance (housing allowance begins in March)
Work Hours: 8:20-4:30 (M-F)
Teaching Hours: 24 class hours per week max (1 class hour=40 min)
Class Size: 23 students (approx.)
Holidays: approx. 4-5 weeks paid vacation
Sick Days: 5 paid sick days (reimbursed 600,000 won if not used)
Benefits: Medical Insurance - 50/50 split; Pension - 50/50 split
Paid Camp (2 yearly): 800,000 won if taught
A teacher should only apply if you meet the following:
1. Presently working and living in Korea.
2. Three years or more teaching experience in Korea.
3. BS/BA degree (Education, English or Linguistics is preferred).
4. 120 hour TEFL/TESOL or U.S./Canadian domestic teacher’s certification.
5. Paperwork scanned and ready to be submitted via email.
6. Willing to teach a demo class on site with real students
7. TBPE & TB Result
How to apply:
Please reply by email to the English Program Manager at [URL protected]. Include a brief message within the email providing the following information:
Full name, nationality, visa type, number of years teaching in Korea, and your cell number.
Also, attach a document or scanned copy of the required items listed below:
1. Cover letter, current resume, and reference letters
2. Diploma with Apostille Seal
3. Domestic Federal Criminal Background Check with Apostille Seal
4. 120 hour TEFL/TESOL or domestic teacher’s certification
5. Passport plus visa page
6. Alien Registration Card (front and back)
7. Scanned university transcripts
8. Recent picture
Please forward your application package to:
English Program Manager