Qualified Applicants Needed for Assistant Professors (Non-Tenure-Track, Adjunct) to Teach "Communication English" in Daegu, Korea
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Keimyung University, Daegu, South Korea
Information about Faculty Positions
Tabula Rasa College, Keimyung University, Daegu, Korea, invites qualified
applicants for assistant professors (non-tenure-track, adjunct) to teach
"Communication English". "Communication English" is one of the liberal arts
subjects to help 1st year students improve their English conversation skills.
The position begins on March 1, 2019.
● Faculty Positions
a. Status of Employment: Assistant Professor (non-tenure-track, adjunct)
b. Term of Employment: From March 1, 2019 to February 28, 2020.
- The contract is renewable by the mutual agreement of the employer and employee.
c. Workplace: Tabula Rasa College, Keimyung University
d. Payment: Starting salary based on the school policy
● Eligibility Requirements
a. A master's degree and more than two years' teaching experiences at a college or university are required. Holders of bachelor's degrees are required to have at least four years' teaching experiences at a college or university.
b. Applicants must be native English speakers.
c. No record of legal/disciplinary disqualification regarding former teaching
d. Applications must be eligible for a Korean working visa.
● Duties: 18 credit hours per week during semesters.
May be requested to teach additional classes during semesters, and also during vacations, in which case the employee will be paid an extra allowance.
● Recruiting Process
a. The submitted documents will be reviewed.
b. Those selected will be contacted for an interview.
● Required Documents and Materials
1) Curriculum Vitae (including 1 identification photo)
- Required information on the CV: name, date of birth, nationality, education, career details, and contact information (phone number and e-mail address)
- The exact period of each education and working career details must be mentioned.
2) Official certificates of academic degrees (1 copy of each)
3) Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate schools
(1 copy of each with cumulative GPA included)
4) Certificates of working experience(historical record of teaching or work
experiences, an official certificate) - 1 copy
- Dates of employment, job title and specific work information have to be
mentioned in a certificate and it must be issued by the head of an organization.
5) Passport (1 copy)
6) Passport stamped with a valid Korean visa and Alien Registration Card (only for
residents in Korea, 1 copy of each)
7) Published articles if you have any
8) Reference letters if you have any
9) Apostilled Federal Criminal Record Check(required if a position is offered)
10) Apostilled copy of diploma(required if a position is offered)
- During the recruiting process, you might be asked to submit additional
documents in addition to the items above.
a. If no candidate meets the university's requirements, the university reserves
the right to suspend the hiring process.
b. Documents written in foreign languages other than English must be submitted along with a translated version in Korean or English.
c. Submitted documents will not be returned.
d. If there is any change to the applicant's email address or contact information during the hiring process, please immediately notify Tabula Rasa College administration office. Applicants are responsible for all the information on their CV.
e. Applicants who provide any false information will be exempted from the hiring process.
● Application period
: Wednesday, November 21 ~ Friday, November 30, 2018(Korean Standard Time)
- Administration working hours: 8:30 am ~ 5:30 pm
● Application documents should be directly sent to
Ms. Dajeong Kwon (E-mail: [URL protected])
The administration Office of Tabula Rasa College, Keimyung University
1095 Dalgubeoldaero, Daegu, South Korea, 42601.
● Contact Information
Ph: 82-53-580-6962 / 6965
E-mail: [URL protected]