Teaching Positions in Poland
|Certificates||TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, DELTA, PGCE/QTS|
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Oxford Learning Center is a reputable and very well - run English language school located in the heart of Poland. Its central location makes it possible for you to easily explore various parts of Poland as well as Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic or Hungary to name a few.
The school has been operating for 24 years and offers a wide range of courses including General English for young learners (5+), teens, and adults, preparation for Cambridge Exams: PET, FCE, CAE, CPE as well as Polish High School Finals at two levels: Basic (B1) and Extended (B2), 1 – 2- 1s and innovative communication based courses for adults.
For the past seven years OLC has been a member of the British Council Addvantage Programme, received Certificates of Appreciation for the teachers and a Letter of Appreciation from the British Ambassador in Poland congratulating the school on promoting learning English and maintaining high standards of teaching. On top of the above since 2014 we have officially been a certified Cambridge Exams Preparation Center.
Your typical working week will comprise of 24 lessons per week (1 lesson = 45 minutes) – typically two to three 90 minute blocks of group courses a day (1 block = 90 mins) with 10-15 minutes breaks between each block.
The times of lessons are: 15:45 – 17:15, 17:30 – 19:00, 19:10 – 20:40 Monday
There may also be some 1 – 2 – 1 lessons in the morning / early afternoon, which may be 45 - 90 minutes long. The majority of lessons are taught on the premises of the school.
The school has been recently modernized. It has a spacious Teachers’ Room with
a very well – resourced library, computer, internet access and a photocopier.
Each teacher has their own desk, CD player, copies of CDs of courses s/he
teaches and coursebooks.
Apart from traditional teaching based on coursebooks, you will also have an opportunity to gain experience using i-tools and a plethora of internet resources in our multimedia classrooms.
OLC is the only school in the region which provides its teachers with a professionally run teacher development programme including daily lesson support with a DELTA qualified and Cambridge Oral Examiner ADOS, in – house workshops and observations.
Since the school is devoted to professional growth, it also offers teachers who decide to commit themselves for longer than 9 – month contracts sponsorship towards the Cambridge CEYL or DELTA courses. The amount of sponsorship is agreed upon on individual basis.
We are looking for a NATIVE SPEAKER teacher from 2nd January, 2019.
Qualifications and experience:
• a degree BA, MA preferably in humanities,
• teaching qualifications – Cambridge CELTA, DELTA or equivalents (TEFL/TESOL cert.)
• previous teaching experience preferred,
• excellent health,
• good organization skills, flexibility and eagerness to teach children (7+), teens and adult
• guaranteed workload of 24 hours / lessons per week
• excellent local monthly gross salary – depends on qualifications and experience
• overtime rate above 24 hours per week
• performance related bonus
• three weeks of paid holidays in the school year (1 week during winter break, 1 week at Easter, 1 week in May)
• flight to Poland reimbursed up to 400PLN
• private health insurance
• fully furnished and equipped studio flat (living room & bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, toilet) within a walking distance from the school
• rent of accommodation paid for by the school
• induction at the start of the contract
• participation in in-house and external workshops
• airport pick-up
• assistance in obtaining any necessary documents to live and work legally in Poland
Please apply to: