Three Open Positions in Private Kindergarten located in Seoul (Hannam Dong) (2,500,000 won – 3,000,000 won)
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
The Podo Club
We're an English kindergarten with the primary goal of having each student feel happy and safe in their learning environment. Our school does not prioritize formal academic classwork; we prioritize safe and loving classrooms that promote creativity and social/emotional growth. We look for teachers that are compassionate, energetic and creative. The working atmosphere at Podo Club is relaxed. Every effort is made by the administrative staff to ensure that both students and teachers enjoy their time at Podo.
• March 1st 2019
Open Positions: There are three open positions.
Location: 4-7 Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
Class Size: 7-15 students
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. You will NEVER be expected to work over-time or weekends. Approximately 20 hours of teaching hours per week.
Student Age: Preschool and Kindergarten
Preparation: Teachers are given the freedom to develop the lesson plans and learning activities for their own class. Each day offers an average of 2.5 hours of prep-time.
-Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students;
-Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child;
-Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives;
-Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities;
-Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate.
-Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the school's philosophy, goals and objectives;
-Plans and prepares lessons, assignments, instructional materials;
-Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, curriculum framework, and knowledge of human growth and development;
-Attends and helps plan school fieldtrips;
- Arranges and participates in parent-teacher conferences as necessary;
-Prepares students for participation in end of the year assembly. This may include, but would not be limited to, teaching dance routines and preparing dramatic plays;
REQUIREMENTS – for those currently living outside South Korea
1. Hold a valid passport from one of the following native English-speaking countries; USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia and South Africa.
2. Have a minimum of a BA/BS degree in any field.
3. Photocopy of diploma – this must be apostille certified.
4. National level criminal background check – this must be issued within 6 months and apostille certified.
5. A medical check at a designated hospital is required on arrival to Korea. Teachers may be deported if it is found their self-assessment was inaccurate or untruthful.
6. Must be a native speaker of English.
7. Teachers with a completed TEFL or TESOL (and/or teaching experience) will be given priority in the hiring process.
Vacation: 10 days paid and 5 optional, additional days of unpaid vacation.
Salary: KRW 2,500,000 - 3,000,000 - depending on experience.
Insurance: 50% Medical Insurance paid by employer.
Pension: 50% National Pension paid by employer.
Airfare: One-way ticket provided.
Severance: Upon completion of one-year contract. (Equivalent to one-month salary)
To apply, you must send the following to the above email address:
2. A cover letter outlining your teaching philosophy and why you want to apply for this job.
3. Reference information from past teaching jobs.