University ESL Instructor Needed - Guangzhou, China
|Native||Only for native English speakers|
Guangdong Peizheng College is known for its excellence in education and English training. All freshman and sophomore students here are required to take English classes (including an oral English class with a foreign teacher in every term) and pass the CET-4 English exam before they can graduate. For this reason and more, we employ a large and diverse staff of talented foreign teachers!
Our beautiful college is located in the quiet rural setting north of Guangzhou, the capital of Guangdong province. The campus overlooks Jiyi Lake and is surrounded by mountains.
With 45-50 foreign instructors, we proudly showcase a great variety of expertise amongst our faculty and we are currently seeking instructors who share our enthusiasm for teaching English creatively.
The Ministry of Education named Guangdong Peizheng College a ¡°Top Ten Private College of Guangdong Province,¡± ¡°Top Ten Education Institution in Student Employability¡± and we won the award for ¡°National Advanced Private Education Institution.¡± In 2014, Peizheng College ranked in the Top 50 of Private Universities in China and #1 in Guangdong Province by the Chinese Alumni Association.
For more information please see our website: <[URL protected]>
Now a number of ESL Instructors are needed!
Thank you for your interest in Guangdong Peizheng College. We look forward to reviewing your application.
ESL Instructor¡¯s salary, benefits, and perks:
1. Pre-tax monthly salary for newly hired teachers starts from 10000-14000RMB according to qualifications and experience. The university also offers a yearly salary increase. Teachers who stay on at our college for several years and do overtime can earn up to 17,000RMB.
2. Average class size is 20 students for oral classes.
3. Free use of our downtown Hong Kong apartment.
4. Free on campus medical clinic and medical insurance (Medical insurance covers cases of accidental injury and disease-related hospitalization).
5. Bonus month salary on completion of a full year contract.
6. Free Mandarin lessons.
ESL Instructor¡¯s Responsibilities:
Instruct university students in beginning, intermediate, and advanced English, depending on skill level and year.
Base contracts include 20 teaching periods of Oral English as well as 2 English/ Spanish Corners per week. 1 teaching period is 45 minutes.
Depending on your background and professional experience, the opportunity to teach a Special Topic Course or a Special Topic English Corner is available. Examples of courses currently offered are, ¡°Introduction to Theater Arts,¡± ¡°Business English for Hotel Management,¡± ¡°Principles of American Law,¡± and ¡°Introduction to Creative Writing,¡± to name a few.
ESL Instructor's Requirements:
1. Native English speaker (from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa).
2. Bachelor's degree or above obtained from your home country.
3. At least 2 years teaching related experience, or has a teaching certificate or TEFL/TESOL certification.
4. Under the age of 59.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please email your following documents to Human Resources [URL protected]:
2. Passport copy
3. Degree copy and teaching certificate copies
4. A recommendation letter from current or former employer
5. A recent photo
6. Fill out the application form which can be downloaded from
Only shortlisted candidates will be replied.
Who to Contact:
E-mail: [URL protected]
website: <[URL protected]>
Address: 53# Peizheng Avenue, Chini Town, Huadu District, Guangzhou, the People¡¯s Republic of China Postcode: 510830