ESL teacher required for immediate start in Kaifaqu, Dalian
|Native||Non-native English speakers can apply|
Union Jack International Language School in Kaifaqu, Dalian, China requires an ESL teacher to start in March 2019.
Union Jack English is a British privately owned school and a well established English training center with a focus on teaching English to students between the ages of 4-16. The required teacher will focus on teaching students in the age range 4-7.
We take professional development seriously; all current Managers started as teachers, as the school believes in providing the teaching team with the tools and opportunities for growth. A comprehensive training program is offered, focusing on curriculum training, teaching skills and classroom management.
- Native Speakers from the UK, Australia, Canada, the USA, New Zealand, South Africa and Ireland. Non native English speakers will however be considered
- Preferably at least 2 years classroom teaching experience although for teachers with no experience full training will be provided
- Degree qualified
- TEFL/TESOL certification, desirable
- Energetic, humorous, creative and passionate about teaching and sharing culture and customs from across the globe
- A professional and conscientious work ethic, clean criminal record
Remuneration and Benefits
- Monthly salary: 15,000-20,000 RMB depending on qualifications and experience
- Start-up loan available, if required to assist with flight costs and accommodation
- 50RMB bonus per demo student signed up and existing students who continue their studies for another term
- 200 RMB per hour for over-time, if required
- 2 weeks paid holidays per year as well as paid Chinese public holidays
- Fully furnished private apartment
- Working Visa and Foreign Residence Permit
- Year-end bonus of 8000 RMB upon completion of contract
The work schedule is 40 hours per week of which 24 will be teaching hours. The rest is office hours. 2 days off will be given per week but dependent on the classes scheduled.
There are a maximum of 8 children per class and they range in age from 4 to 7 years old. Classes are split by age and English ability. A bilingual assistant teacher with be with you at all times during your lessons as well as assist with the preparation of your lessons.
Dalian is the second largest city in Liaoning Province, Dongbei (Northeast), China and the largest port in northern China as well as a major destination for Chinese tourists. Located at the southern tip of the Liaodong Peninsula, the main part of the city is on its own sub-peninsula, with the port to the north of the town centre and natural coastline dotted with beaches to the east and south. Dalian is a pleasant city to visit and live in than most Chinese cities of comparable size. Though most of the tourist industry in the city is targeted at the domestic, rather than the international market, overseas tourists will still find enjoyment in the city. The large number of foreign businesses in the city and foreign students and teachers at the city's many universities ensure that there are plenty of companies (from up market hotels to bars and coffee houses) which cater to those who do not call China their native home.Apply for job