*Details: *About the job:
Zhangjiagang Foreign Teacher Center works with the local education bureau to
teachers in the public schools of the city. We have positions available in
primary, middle and high
schools starting in September 2018 and running until the end of June 2019. Our
employees teach a
maximum of 24 lessons per week and office hours are not required. Likewise,
weekend work are not required.
- Citizenship of an English-speaking country (USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with two years’ experience preferred.
- Teaching certification preferred.
Remuneration & benefits:
- New graduates/inexperienced teachers (9,500-11,000 RMB)
- Teachers with 1-3 years’ experience (10,000-12,000 RMB)
- Teachers with more than 3 years’ experience (11,000-13,500 RMB)
- Assistance with visa and residence permit applications
- Contract completion bonus of 5,000 RMB
- Medical insurance
- Accommodation provided
- Utilities provided
- Paid winter vacation (3-4 weeks)
- Pay rises and bonuses for re-signing available
- Résumé/CV with contact details
- Copy of degree/teaching certification (if available)
- Copy of the ID page of passport
- Reference letter (if available)
About the city:
Zhangjiagang is a county-level city (pop. 1.3 million) administered by Suzhou
in Jiangsu Province.
Although small, Zhangjiagang is located in the historic Jiangnan area of
China, placing it close to
larger population centres such as Shanghai, Nanjing, Wuxi, Changzhou, Nantong
all of which can be reached easily on a weekend. Zhangjiagang itself is
considered a model city by
the Chinese government and is known throughout China for the politeness of its
cleanliness of its streets and its low crime rate. Criss-crossed with canals,
the city enjoys such an
environment that makes for a quality of life not easily available in larger
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you would like more information about
the job or about living
and working in China.