*Details: *THE WORLD HAS GONE GLOBAL— HAVE YOU?
Ever dreamt of living and working overseas? Not sure what options are
Why not teach English as a second language? It’s easier than you think!
Here at HESS, we specialize in working with new and experienced teachers
alike. No matter your
previous work background or study specialization, we can teach you how to make
income working as an English teacher.
Founded in 1983, HESS International Educational Group is the largest and most
language school in Taiwan. We employ more than 600 native English-speaking
teachers in 250+
HESS schools across Asia, including Taiwan, China, South Korea, and Singapore.
Our staff has
more than 35 years of experience looking after both new and experienced
teachers just like you. At
HESS, you’ll work directly with a stable, well-established educational
organization. We are not a
recruitment agency, and we do not charge any fees.
1. Taiwan: Nationwide
2. Korea: Seoul
3. China: Shanghai, Tianjin, Wuxi
WHAT SETS HESS APART?
There are many options for teaching English overseas, so it’s important to do
your research on
what each school has to offer. At HESS, we provide:
1) TRAINING & SUPPORT:
• Teacher Training: 10 days of orientation and training in Taipei followed by
class observations at
your school ensure that you’re up to the task of leading your students.
• Free TEFL Certification: Earn your HESS TEFL Certificate while you teach.
• Teaching Curriculum Provided: Don’t worry! We publish our own materials and
provide you with
the teacher’s guides. Your lesson plans are already laid out for you.
2) PAY & BENEFITS:
• Competitive Starting Pay: NTD $620-660/hour based on experience and
• Guaranteed Income: The average HESS teacher earns NTD $60,000 –
• Year-End Bonuses: 1st year re-signing bonus of NTD $10,000, 2nd year
completion bonus of
NTD $15,000, 3rd year completion bonus of NTD $20,000, and NTD $30,000 for
every year of
• Paid Office Hours: Receive NTD $3000/month for class preparation work. You
decide when and
where to prepare for class—it doesn’t have to be at the school.
• Flexible Time Off: Your vacation time is not tied to the school’s semester
schedule. Take time off
whenever you need it.
• Save AND Travel: Teaching with HESS, you will earn enough money to save, but
enough left over to explore Asia.
• Advancement Opportunities: HESS is a large company with lots of
opportunities beyond teaching
both in managerial and administrative positions.
3) RELOCATION ASSISTANCE:
• Housing Assistance: Your branch will help you to find housing that fits your
Whether it’s living alone or with another HESS teacher, your branch has you
• Documentation Assistance: We will help you collect documents and apply for
documents on your behalf.
• Interest-Free Start-up Loan: NTD $30,000 on the first day at your school.
FIND OUT MORE: The best place to start your teaching adventure is on the HESS
provides detailed information about working with HESS and living abroad. From
there, you can also
access our online application form. Visit our website to find out more. Apply
online today! We’re
looking forward to hearing from you!
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Passport holder from USA, CAN, UK, IRE, SA, AUS, or NZ
2. Bachelor’s Degree (in any discipline) OR associate degree with a
3. One-year commitment
4. Clear Criminal record check
*Due government regulations, we are unable to accept your application if you do not meet all of