To carry out the duties of the Teacher in accordance with the Schools
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and
differentiated curriculum for pupils, incorporating the School’s Curriculum
and in line with the curriculum policies of the school.
• To facilitate, support and monitor the overall progress and development of
• To foster a stimulating and creative learning environment and educational
experience, which provides students with the opportunity to fulfil their
and is conductive to the good management of teaching and learning.
• To share in the development of the school curriculum, courses and study,
materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and their
• Is aware of their responsibilities in following all school procedures for
safety of all children in school.
• To support and contribute to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding
have high regard for children’s’ health and safety.
The Head of Primary
• Directing and supervising the work of Teaching Assistants.
• Co-operation and liaison with other professionals, including fellow staff
colleagues from external agencies (for example, Specialist teachers, subject
• Teach pupils in their assigned group according to their educational needs,
the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students in school
• To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and
attainment of all pupils and keep such records as are required by the school’s
• To ensure a high quality learning experience for pupils, which meets
• To use a variety of a delivery methods appropriate to students’ learning
the varying demands of the curriculum.
• To provide a positive, conductive and safe learning environment, encouraging
standards in punctuality, presentation of work and relationships.
• To support the schools special needs students and on inclusion and to assist
identification and teaching of children with special needs within the class.
• To set high expectations for pupils’ behaviour and maintain a good standard
discipline through well focused teaching, fostering positive relationships and
implementing the school’s behaviour policy.
The tasks expected of the Class Teacher may include the following according to
school’s approach and in combination with dedicated time to address some of
• To be responsible for the co-operation of an area(s) of the school
including ensuring a relevant and appropriate curriculum policy is produced
reviewed, according to the school’s schedule, and is complimented by
schemes of work.
• To monitor and evaluate learning within the curriculum area(s) in line with
school’s monitoring cycle (CPR). (This may include observation or use other
work sampling, planning, review etc).
• To advise and support other members of staff on the content and delivery of
• To identify and secure provision of appropriate in-service professional
in relation to the curriculum area, with the support of the Head of Primary.
• To contribute to the formulation and evaluation of the school’s assessment
in relation to the area(s) of the curriculum.
• To support and adhere to the school’s quality assurance procedures.
• To communicate effectively with parents of pupils and with persons or bodies
outside the school who are concerned with the welfare of students.
• To contribute to the personal, social, health and to effective working
within the school.
• To actively engage in performance management.
• To play a full part in the life of the school and support its ethos.
• To follow and actively promote the school’s policies.
• To comply with health and safety procedures and undertake risk assessments
• To actively pursue own personal and professional development.