Online ESL Teacher for SkimaTalk

16–25 USD


Min hours per week
Min hours per week during peak hours
Class length
25 min
Max students per class
Student age


No degree
No certificate


Become a SkimaTalk Teacher Today. Teach English online from anywhere in the world!

Set Your Own Schedule

Set your own schedule: work as many, or as few hours as you choose.

Work From Anywhere

All you need is a computer and a strong internet connection.

Make Money

Our top teachers earn more than $1,000 each month.

Have Fun

Work with interesting students all over the world.

Eligibility Requirements

Native English Speaker - аll SkimaTalk teachers are native English speakers.


Teachers must demonstrate commitment & reliability.


We want teachers that are passionate about helping students succeed.


Teachers are expected to present a professional demeanor at all times.


Prior English teaching experience / training preferred but not required.

Am I qualified to be a SkimaTalk teacher?

SkimaTalk is currently recruiting native English speakers who can speak American, British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, and/or Irish English. Those whose mother tongue is another language or dialect than those listed above will be asked to wait until SkimaTalk will expand its teacher qualifications. Also, you must be 18 years or older.

How does SkimaTalk make money?

SkimaTalk charges a fee of 20% of the session price, less applicable PayPal / Stripe fees. The remaining 80% of the session cost (less applicable PayPal fees) gets passed directly to the teacher.

When and how often do I get paid?

Teachers will be paid once a month. For example, payment for services rendered during the month of January will be sent to the teacher on or before the last day of February. Typically, you can expect payment by the 10th of the month. However, if the 10th of the month falls on a holiday in Japan, the payment date will be the following business day in Japan. To get paid, you need to make sure you have the correct PayPal email account listed in your SkimaTalk profile. Please also note that the payment is based on U.S. Pacific Time, and not your local time. For example, in the case mentioned above, payment would be for the sessions conducted from January 1st through 31st, U.S. Pacific Time.

About SkimaTalk

We help English learners find the best teachers from all over the world and offer a platform where anyone can start one-on-one online English classes. Currently, we focus exclusively on English learning, but plan to expand to other skills in the near future.

Our mission is to help people go global, creating opportunities to learn from people across the world. For anyone who desires to learn or teach, we make it easy, convenient, and affordable to share skills and knowledge without regard to differences in language, culture, and nationality.