International High School ESL Teacher
Only for native English speakers
Private medical insurance
About Weiming Education
In the educational field in China, Weiming is a relatively young Group with a history of 17 years. It is the largest private educational group in China, whose educational institutions ranging from kindergarten to high school with about 33,000 students and faculties. Currently, our business has covered some of the top 20 cities in China; those cities have the population of over 10 million, including Beijing, Tianjin, Chongqing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Wuhan, Suzhou, and Guiyang, etc. We are planning to open up new kindergartens and schools, and expanding our business in 15 out of the top 20 cities in China.
International High School Program
Weiming’s International curriculum is grounded in US Common Core standards with a focus on the development of English Proficiency for Grade 7 to Grade 11. All Weiming students obtain credits equivalent to US grade level which easily transfers for enrollment in grade level equivalent in the US.
Job Title: International High School ESL Teacher
Location: Qingdao, Wuhan, Guiyang
Reports To: Academic Director of International High School
Starting Date: 2019/1/10 (One-year Commitment required)
Summary: International High School ESL Teacher to instruct English literature and oral English class.
Teacher instructs students by performing the duties listed below. Essential Duties & Responsibilities including the following, but not limited to:
- Assume teacher responsibilities including classroom instruction, homeroom mentor, product team advisor, co-curricular sponsor, and curriculum development.
- Work school calendar of 190-200 student days, longer school day of 8:00 a.m. – 17:30 p.m. 24-26 classes/week. (Exact days of school should be in accordance with the school calendar.)
- Weekly classroom instructional period will be approximately 40-50 minutes per period.
- Support enrichment programs.
- Participate in required teacher training.
- Develop school curriculum and start-up components.
- Support an international focus across the curriculum, cross-disciplinary planning and inquiry-based learning within a block schedule.
- Meet instructional and compliance requirements of the Sino-U.S. International High School program.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Valid secondary teaching certificate preferred with necessary endorsements or English as a second language teaching certificate;
- Major in the teaching area required;
- Secondary Teaching Experience preferred.
- Non-Criminal Record: no criminal records disclosed
- Education: Bachelor degree holders or above-level degrees
- Language Skills: Highly proficient in written and verbal communication with a particular emphasis on the subject area, specific competencies and emphatic communications.
- ESL training and/or interest in teaching non-native English speaking students
- Technical skills: Ability to use computer technology for research, data management, communications and other instruction
- Reasoning Ability: Highly proficient in subject areas of: reasoning, problem-solving, organizational dynamics and emotional intelligence
- Physical Demands: Capability to perform duties normally associated with secondary teaching
- Medical Check-up required by Chinese government should be satisfied according to relevant procedures.
- Work Environment: School building consisting of office space, classrooms and specialty facilities.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Compensation and benefits
Salary: ￥12000-￥25000 TBD by placement on School salary scale (Depends on cities and locations)
- Meal Allowance: The employee is eligible for meal allowance every working day
- Holiday Allowance: Employees may enjoy holiday allowance according to the school’s policy. Normally the holidays refer to Labor Holiday, National Holiday, New Year Holiday, and Chinese Spring Festival.
- Preferential Policy of Teachers’ Children Entering School: The school will provide tuition-discount enrollment into the school for dependents of one teacher or teaching family according to the school policy.
- Air tickets Allowance: If an employee fulfills the contract, upon the expiration of contract, he/she will get air ticket reimbursement once a year with one round-trip or two single-trip international air tickets (economy class--utilizing the most direct route) between working location and her/his home country to an amount not exceeding RMB10, 000.
- Housing Allowance: The employees will be entitled to a housing budget and utilities reimbursement.
- Visa Fee: The school will reimburse up to RMB2,000 in total for the visa issuing fee occurred home and abroad.
- Commercial Insurance: The employee is eligible for commercial insurance including medical insurance, life insurance or social insurance according to related stipulations of the state, province and municipality.
- Annual Physical Examination: Normally the school will provide annual physical examination free of charge for employees.
Teachers will enjoy fully paid public holidays regulated by the government and school and partially paid summer & winter holidays covered in the contract period according to the school’s compensation policy.
Share this job and earn up to $400 when your friends find a job at teach.fm